Gibson Brands Forums

It's Pizza Night Again

Sgt. Pepper

Back in the 60's, we worked at a Pizza shop... it was a hub for the SF Bay Area music scene.... was our very first job, then we were a regular for some nights, and after-hours.

The pizza maker was named Russell, and he wore a dirty white tee shirt with a white apron...and he made us one pizza a night, (for the 4 of us to share).

I don't recall him using any fancy equipment.... he did spin the pizza crust in the air.

Those were GREAT days!

Open photo

Open photo
Open photo

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Bet it tastes as good as it looks.   
Temp of the oven?  On rack or stone.?   What are you’re thoughts on anchovies? 
If I were on Death Row, my last meal would be pizza and beer,

I cook them on a pizza stone. Obviously I made the dough. Oven is at 500 degrees and I don't do anchovies. Just like the J. Geils Band song.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pinch said:

I don't trust Carlo, just from the photo.

Carlo was actually a pretty good guy....but he'd make us play behind him singing....

and he never kept proper time....so we were jumping all over the place trying to follow him.

He didn't mind and the crowd seemed fine with it.

Paid $10 a night (each), plus soda and one pizza a night.

Not a bad gig for a 15-year old!

Just now, Whitefang said:

Kind of depends on (ahem) which part of them you're trying to eat!  [wink]

Not able to be MULTI-lingual, I decided to be CUNNI-lingual instead! [cool]

Whitefang

Fang.... when I was 15, I couldn't get laid in a 'hore'-house with a fist-full of $100 bills!

(and I'll be danged if I didn't graduate high school in the San Francisco Bay Area during The Summer of Love!)

• Haha 1

That pizza looked great Sgt.  I Love pizza. Deb loves La Casa here. Its an original Neapolitan style Italian Pizza. Pricey, but good. Theres only 3 restaurants here owned by the same family. I like several ingredients on mine but Deb just does Hamburger & Pepperoni. That's fine with me but No, anchovy's! 

12 hours ago, Retired said:

That pizza looked great Sgt.  I Love pizza. Deb loves La Casa here. Its an original Neapolitan style Italian Pizza. Pricey, but good. Theres only 3 restaurants here owned by the same family. I like several ingredients on mine but Deb just does Hamburger & Pepperoni. That's fine with me but No, anchovy's! 

I'm fine with anchovies....but pineapple just doesn't seem right on a pizza.  

Many years ago, I was eating lunch with a bunch of guys at work.   One guy had a pizza with pineapple on it.   Of course, I razzed him about it.   He said, "If you've never tried pizza with pineapple on it, you can't say you don't like it."    I said, "I never had pizza with dog crap on it either....but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it."

23 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Fang.... when I was 15, I couldn't get laid in a 'hore'-house with a fist-full of $100 bills!

(and I'll be danged if I didn't graduate high school in the San Francisco Bay Area during The Summer of Love!)

Well, I thought you meant NOW, not THEN!  [wink]

Anyway....

Ham or pepperoni and mushrooms  suit me just fine.  I don't wish to top my pizza with a salad.  I'll go as far as pineapple.  And anchovies(pardon me to those who like 'em)  make me think some smart *** kid at the pizzeria  put SNOT on it!  :-&

Whitefang

17 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Well, I thought you meant NOW, not THEN!  [wink]

Whitefang

Well NOW is even harder for me...first off.... the 'equipment' is o ver 70 years old... just tired....

PLUS...my wife HATES it when I try to get laid! (whether or not I'm home!).

• Haha 1