Gibson Brands Forums

GM/Chrysler owner? Relax, The Democrats are now handling your warranty.

NeoConMan

Stop worrying about the warranty on your GM or Chrysler automobile.

President Obama has announced that your warranty will be backed by the US Government.

Now, getting service will be as easy as a trip to your local DMV office

Introducing the Department of Motor Vehicles Automotive Repair Center!

1 minute video;

http://www.reason.tv/video/show/742.html

I can hardly wait!

Make an appointment to get my license, registration and my oil changed and a smog certificate all in one day.

But wait... there has to be a catch. Lets see here.

If I fail the smog test, they'll probably impound my vehicle because it's a gross polluter. Then I suppose I can get a new Suburban right there at the DMV!

But that won't work, will it?

They'll probably force me to buy an electric vehicle instead, but I can finance through the U.S. Government and get a tax credit right there at the DMV!

I love it.

Okay, here is where I get my sack cut off by saying "mark my words."

Here is what WILL happen:

GM will sort of non-eventfully go into bankruptcy regardless of what the govt. does or does not do.

Chrysler, if it does not merge with Fiat, will be broken up and sold off piece by piece.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

They should have just let them go Bankrupt' date=' so those Warranties would have been worthless. [/quote']

I agree. the gov'ment needs to make an example out of something or someone to show that if you have your hand out it doesn't mean it will get shaken. Something tells me that this isn't going to work. Why the hell will I go to a gov't based service station where they WILL not care about you? Christ, look how long it takes to get a license photo done! or a freakin motorcycle permit handled! I'm gonna go buy a Honda right now!

My wife wants a new Mustang GT.

She's a 40 year old school teacher who wants to have a cool car for once in her life.

With the prices falling as sales evaporated, we looked into getting her one this fall.

Then we decided not to, just help the recession by not spending any money.

(Nothing new here, we don't spend much anyway.)

Now, she says if we buy a new car it has to be a Ford.

She and I agree we will not reward the failures at GM and Chrysler or let the gov't take another penny of our money.

Look at it this way;

No matter what you drive, paid for or not, you now have a car payment.

Every tax payer is sending money to GM and Chrysler without getting a new car out of the deal.

Even if you don't own a car, you're paying two automakers anyway.

I agree. the gov'ment needs to make an example out of something or someone to show that if you have your hand out it doesn't mean it will get shaken. Something tells me that this isn't going to work. Why the hell will I go to a gov't based service station where they WILL not care about you? Christ' date=' look how long it takes to get a license photo done! or a freakin motorcycle permit handled! I'm gonna go buy a Honda right now![/quote']

Also it would wake up the complacent American Consumer who thinks they're going to be able to rely on a Business because just because it's there. "I don't need to inform myself, The government has my Warranty. I'll just keep watchin' Idol, Playing Fantasy Football, and Drinkin' Beer. Silly Jerks that intrest themselves in politics are Stupid". Eat this POS Chevy with no Warranty, and how's that Onstar treating you, now that the service is based in India and you can't understand one word they're saying?

The factories will close and Americans will be out of work, until they are reopened by some Grass Roots car companies that will reenergize the American Auto Industry. These new companies will have to compete with each other for our money, so we get better cars for less than we pay now. Just look what happened when CBS ran Fender into the ground and it was about to fall off. A small group of Employee Investors bought it and turned it back into one of the Big Two (Gibson, Fender). Granted the Auto Industry is a larger part of our economy, but the same rules will still aply.

I wish I could say the same for the Banks, but too many Foriegn Companies would get our American Money if they went out of business.

They should have just let them go Bankrupt' date=' so those Warranties would have been worthless. [/quote']

Go bankrupt and be faced with the reality of having to lay off thousands of union brothers and sisters. No, the Obama administration already opened the doors to the White House for all of the major unions in America. Obama is pro union anti business.

That's why GMs CEO is gone. That's why the American Government now owns a stake in the US automobile industry.

Archived