Gibson Brands Forums

Mixing politics and music, how do you feel?

NeoConMan

FM why do you feed the animals? Just tell him he's the king and walk away. Eventually perhaps when he and his fan club get tired of agreeing with each other perhaps they will actually want to have a conversation and not simply hurl a slurry of insults followed by three pages of copy/paste.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FM why do you feed the animals? Just tell him he's the king and walk away. Eventually perhaps when he and his fan club get tired of agreeing with each other perhaps they will actually want to have a conversation and not simply hurl a slurry of insults followed by three pages of copy/paste.

you're right, I'll even take that food away.

I don't want to hear it. I've lost interest in a number of musicians and actors because they voiced their politics publically. - However, it's bashing that turns me off. If it was done in a humble opinion way...I prefer/don't prefer such and such because I think it's good for the blah-blah is fine.

Bush sucks or Obama is an idiot is what I don't want to hear.

Just for the record' date=' I don't own a single Toby Keith disc, and only two by Ted Nugent that I bought 20 years ago.

What does the political slant of your favorite musicians do for you, does it encourage you to buy their product?

[/quote']

I'm a firm believer of one of George Carlin's revised Ten Commandments, but I have my own addition to it "Keep thy religion and politics to yourself". For the record, I'm a moderate and a Catholic and I won't speak up about much of anything political or religious here, but I do read a lot of it. I'm not trying to start an argument or anything so please don't take my comment before as a dig, I honestly do like hearing other peoples opinions, I respect everyone's really. But with that said, I was surprised you aren't a Nugent supporter since he's a hardcore conservative.

I buy music because I like it.

I am adult enough to separate the political views of a musician from their music.

My very instrumental musician was largely regarded as a very hard person to get along with (some who worked with him called him a real jerk). I don't have to live with him, and I love his music. So I buy his recordings because they give me extreme pleasure.

Notes

I buy music because I like it. I am adult enough to separate the political views of a musician from their music.

+10 - They have as much right to express their opinions as anyone, and I have the right to ignore any of those opinions. Personally I am glad we have people willing to take a stand whether it be the Dixie Chicks or Ted Nugent. We need both - a world full of either would suck.

To the original point though When a performer spends half their set flapping there yap about politics it does get annoying. I'm there to hear music.

I agree. It bugs me too. However, as a performer (and a citizen) they have the right to do that. As a consumer (and a citizen) you have the right to quit consuming their goods. So if you like their music, but not their performance, buy their recordings (or download their s**t for free) and don't go see them live again - problem solved.

C'mon Homz' date='

We ALL see how this works - time and time again. We can almost set our clocks by it.

You get your d!ck slapped into the dirt [i']one more time [/i]so you pout and go tell the playground teacher the other kids are being mean to you. If you could simply learn how to play with the other kids....

Someday, YOU could be King - but you're gonna have to earn it like I did. :-)

=D>:-& :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :-

you're right' date=' I'll even take that food away.[/quote']

Oooohhh.....

I see, you're baiting me.

How's that working out for ya?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Ya know, you guys could simply click elsewhere.

That's what I do, there's dozens of threads on this forum I don't give a rat's *** about so I stay out of them.

I don't get 'radical' in the guitar/equipment threads - that's why The Lounge was created.

Ooooohhhh, no....

Some people see a thread like a red cape in front of a bull so they jump the fence and go running into the ring.

If you really think you can beat the bull, then DO it!!! Show ALL OF US once and for all.

You're fooling only yourself when you stand behind the teacher and tell the whole class it doesn't matter to you, that you're really smarter than everybody else, and you know you're always right. Nobody's buying it....

If you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen.

If you wanna have a normal conversation, then do it.

Don't try to make me the bad guy, if you know me so well then think before you type or STFU.

I'm a firm believer of one of George Carlin's revised Ten Commandments' date=' but I have my own addition to it "Keep thy religion [i']and politics[/i] to yourself".

Funny thing about that, the Liberal Left never got the memo.

They spout their sh!t everywhere, all the time, and it's accepted as the norm for some reason.

When I dare to offer an opposing view, suddenly it's "turned political" and there's a problem.

Read the "What IS a NeoCon" part of my home page, I've pointed this out a million times.

Seems NOTHING is "political" as long as everybody present is thinking the same thing.

Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Hussein, NONE of them ever worried about their thoughts and words being considered "political" because there was NEVER a voice of opposition. Why do the Liberals pretend this isn't so?

Because they are cowards for the most part, and can only "win" with scare tactics and circular logic.

I'll debate ANYBODY, it's just that many of them can't do it and reach for their same old bag of tricks.

NOW we're back to the reason I STARTED this thread.

People who have the benefit of some sort of pulpit due to their music or acting are NOW somehow SO SMART....

The stupid sh!t they start saying out of White Guilt, the Embarrassment of Riches, and American Shame is supposed to be accepted from them? Separate the truth from the bullsh!t is all I'm asking. Make YOUR choice as you see fit.

I honestly do like hearing other peoples opinions' date=' I respect everyone's really.[/quote']

We are in complete agreement.

Seriously.

It's when the respect isn't a two way street that I feel absolutely NO GUILT in holding their feet to the fire.

But with that said' date=' I was surprised you aren't a Nugent supporter since he's a hardcore conservative. [/quote']

I'm a HUGE NUGE FAN, I love his books and his radio shows, I agree with him 100% on the environment and conservation, along with a dozen other things. His music is okay, but I've heard it a million times.

I feel no need to buy every disc he's ever put out to support his message.

Oooohhh.....

I see' date=' you're baiting me.

How's that working out for ya?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Ya know, you guys could simply click elsewhere.

That's what I do, there's dozens of threads on this forum I don't give a rat's *** about so I stay out of them.

I don't get 'radical' in the guitar/equipment threads - that's why The Lounge was created.

Ooooohhhh, no....

Some people see a thread like a red cape in front of a bull so they jump the fence and go running into the ring.

If you really think you can beat the bull, then DO it!!! Show ALL OF US once and for all.

You're fooling only yourself when you stand behind the teacher and tell the whole class it doesn't matter to you, that you're really smarter than everybody else, and you know you're always right. Nobody's buying it....

If you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen.

If you wanna have a normal conversation, then do it.

Don't try to make me the bad guy, if you know me so well then think before you type or STFU..

[/quote']

How old are you? You use a lot of Schoolastic Examples and School Kid debate tactics like "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!" and "Ooooohhhh, no....". You're really in touch with your inner Spoiled Brat.

You swear like a School Kid, too.

Take me on if that's your wish....

You lay the ground rules, set the venue, whatever, I'll match wits with you no matter your supposed skill.

If my very presence on this forum is such an irritation to you, quit fxcking around.

Shooting your mouth off (or keyboard) and then telling ME I'm a poo poo head for doing it makes you real mature.

I didn't seek you out, I don't follow you from thread to thread, and I don't give a flying fxxk what you think about my typing, my grammar, my beliefs, or the weather.

You come into a thread I started, whip out your Johnson and start pissing all over everybody.

I've told you before, you know the truth, so you can contribute to this or any other thread or just click elsewhere.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

Put up or STFU.

C'mon Homz' date='

We ALL see how this works - time and time again. We can almost set our clocks by it.

You get your d!ck slapped into the dirt one more time so you pout and go tell the playground teacher the other kids are being mean to you. If you could simply learn how to play with the other kids....

Someday, YOU could be King - but you're gonna have to earn it like I did. :-)

[/quote']

If your weren't such a waste of my time and on occasion came up with your own thoughts I might be inclined to continue the good fight, but I was taught not to pick on the feeble minded. You are simply to stupid to have a conversation with me. You will no doubt be insulted, but to me it's simply a fact. Furthermore, you are a bully punk and that is another reason your not worth my time..... Damn, I just spent more time on you then I planed on. Nuff said.

Say something snappy. I do so love that.

Take me on if that's your wish....

You lay the ground rules' date=' set the venue, whatever, I'll match wits with you no matter your supposed skill.

If my very presence on this forum is such an irritation to you, quit fxcking around.

Shooting your mouth off (or keyboard) and then telling ME I'm a poo poo head for doing it makes you real mature.

I didn't seek you out, I don't follow you from thread to thread, and I don't give a flying fxxk what you think about my typing, my grammar, my beliefs, or the weather.

You come into a thread I started, whip out your Johnson and start pissing all over everybody.

I've told you before, you know the truth, so you can contribute to this or any other thread or just click elsewhere.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

Put up or STFU.

I can tell I don't bother you at all :-

I was taught not to pick on the feeble minded.
You were never taught anything. Raised by wolves maybe?

You are simply to stupid to have a conversation with me.
Ah' date=' the KING OF MOIDERED GRAMMAR tells me I'm stupid....[/b']

Proper usage is "too stupid"

You get your *** handed to you every time you tangle with me and you keep coming back.

Who's stupid?

:P

You will no doubt be insulted' date=' but to me it's simply a fact. [/quote'] Not insulted in the least.

Amused by what you consider 'facts' in light of the stupid sh!t you continually post.

You wouldn't know a fact if it was lodged in your airway.

Furthermore' date=' you are a bully punk[/quote'] Says the kid that gets his *** kicked every day on the playground.

My wife is an elementary school teacher with a heart of gold' date=' even she gets sick of kids like you.

They spend ALL their time explaining that the other kids are [i']so mean [/i]to them - and they don't know why....

You create bullies everywhere you go I'm sure - even at work.

and that is another reason your not worth my time
Yet here you are again.

Remember the Pavlov reference? His salivating hounds? Ring' date=' ring......

=D>

Damn' date=' I just spent more time on you then I planed on. Nuff said.[/quote'] And not enough reading your work before posting...

I know you take a lot of pride in your posting, getting those zingers to come across just right.

Pay more attention to your keyboard, or at least wipe all the spittle off it so you can see it and your fingers don't slip.

"Planed" is a woodworking process, past tense.

Say something snappy. I do so love that.
Mouse trap. Nuff said.

So' date=' Homz & FirstMeasure....

Tell me what beating your head on the wall, and trying to teach me a thing or two, have to do with the thread?

You're so focused on insulting ME and 'making sure' I hear your tortured, anguished, Liberal stupidity....

What about the thread?

So' date=' Homz & FirstMeasure....

Tell me what beating your head on the wall, and trying to teach me a thing or two, have to do with the thread?

You're so focused on insulting ME and 'making sure' I hear your tortured, anguished, Liberal stupidity....

What about the thread?

Sounds like you have a harder time seperating your Politics and Music than the Artist you rail against. Speak your mind and go down for treason? That's the reason we Revolted against England' date=' remember? The First Amendment and all that.

I have no problem listening to Ted Nugent, and John Wayne is one of my All Time Favorite actors, same with Jimmy Stewart, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with their Politics.

My advice to you NeoConMan, and you can tell me to shove it up my Liberal Orifice if you want, is Let It Go, they're just Entertainers.[/quote']

Forgot already, huh?

Archived