Gibson Brands Forums

Case candy 🍭

Chris Rizzuto

Hi there,

I have ordered a Gibson es335 1964 custom shop reissue. Love the guitar it’s an absolute beast. But I was really surprised considering the price on these nice guitars, it came to me without a piece of cloth and without a wrench tool 

live had only the tags and the certificate. I’m a little disappointed to say the least

you buy a $50 ukulele on eBay you get everything with it and on a $6,0000 guitar no cloth no wrench tool …nothing?!

I was told by the dealer shop in uk that’s the way it is with Gibson lately… really ?

i guess I’ll set the neck with my certificate and clean my new guitar with the tags 

Unless it’s a big mistake 

I don’t know how do you explain that 

regards from UK 🇬🇧 

On 12/7/2021 at 7:21 AM, Chris Rizzuto said:

Hi there,

I have ordered a Gibson es335 1964 custom shop reissue. Love the guitar it’s an absolute beast. But I was really surprised considering the price on these nice guitars, it came to me without a piece of cloth and without a wrench tool 

live had only the tags and the certificate. I’m a little disappointed to say the least

you buy a $50 ukulele on eBay you get everything with it and on a $6,0000 guitar no cloth no wrench tool …nothing?!

I was told by the dealer shop in uk that’s the way it is with Gibson lately… really ?

i guess I’ll set the neck with my certificate and clean my new guitar with the tags 

Unless it’s a big mistake 

I don’t know how do you explain that 

regards from UK 🇬🇧 

Or it was shipped with and the associates grabbed it. Yeah Gibson has some issues, and are proud of their stuff, and yet people pay cause it has Gibson on it the head.

• 4 weeks later...

my last new gibson was a SJ200 in 2016.

paid north of 4k.

in the case,  no cloth, no truss rod wrench, just the owners manual which is useless the QC card, (also uesless) and a key chain pick holder..  Ok THAT I use..

It came from Sweetwater,  they don't help themselves to anything that ships with the guitar from the factory.  I say Gbson is the one cheapin out.

Edited by kidblast