Gibson Brands Forums

How to send 200 Million down the pan in seconds

Flight959

Just got this today......Oh Deary Me !!

"A brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, one of the largest airplanes ever built, sits outside its hanger in Toulouse, wothout a single hour of airtime on the clock.

Enter the flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT), to conduct pre-delivery tests such as engine run up, prior to delivery to Etihad.

The ADAT crew taxied to the run up area. Then they took all four engines to take off power with a virtually empty aircraft.

Not having read the run up manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty A340-600 really is.

The take off warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit because they had all four engines at full power. The aircraft computers thought they were trying to take off, but it had not been configured properly (flaps etc.).

Then one of the crew decided to pull the circuit breaker on the ground proximity sensor to silence the alarm. This fools the aircraft into thinking that it is in the air.

The computers automatically released the breaks which set the airplane rocketing forward !!

The ADAT crew had no idea that this was a safety feature so that pilots can't land with the brakes on.

Not one member of the crew was smart enough to throttle back the engines from their max power setting, so the £200 million aircraft crashed into a blast barrier, totalling it !!

The extent of the crews injuries is not known, due to a major media blackout of this embarrasing event. However, the photos are now starting to leak out.

ETI1.jpg

ETI2.jpg

What would you say!....er sorry boss!

Flight959

Exhibit A for why I hate computers.

Ever see the video of the Airbus that crashed years ago at the Paris Airshow?

Making a low pass and could not climb due to faulty inputs - flew past the end of the runway into trees.

I'll accept hydraulics as a necessity between my hands and the flight controls, but NEVER a computer.

I was a crane operator for years, computers caused many wipe outs almost as spectacular as the Airbus pictures above.

I'm a stone tablet & chisel kind of guy.

Exhibit A for why I hate computers.

Ever see the video of the Airbus that crashed years ago at the Paris Airshow?

Making a low pass and could not climb due to faulty inputs - flew past the end of the runway into trees.

I'll accept hydraulics as a necessity between my hands and the flight controls' date=' but NEVER a computer.

I was a crane operator for years, computers caused many wipe outs almost as spectacular as the Airbus pictures above.

I'm a stone tablet & chisel kind of guy.

[/quote']

Neo, I remember that accident.... Like you say the computer was at fault... Fly by wire to be precise... The computer would let the pilot apply more thrust after a low pass...... Very sad...a couple of people died in that..

Flight959

Flight' date='

How you holding up with all the G20 summit excitement? Have you had to bust any arnarchist's heads yet? Hope your safe and sane with all the excitement.[/quote']

I'd like to knock the head of one of these anarchists in to show them why we really must have some decent rules of society.

I bet when you bash their heads together they really want someone with authority to save them.

Flight' date='

How you holding up with all the G20 summit excitement? Have you had to bust any arnarchist's heads yet? Hope your safe and sane with all the excitement.[/quote']

Unfortunatley I have a Monday to Friday desk job at the moment following a neck injury, but that means no earlies lates or nights or even weekends for me....

Its interesting being amongst those heated situations...

The only 5hit I have to deal with is "office politics"

Regards

Flight959

Archived