Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson es335 studio

Joey1980

Hi

I have a Gibson les Paul and love it so am now looking to expand my collection by getting an ES335. However, I don’t have anything like the funds needed to get a full fat es335. I was considering an epiphone Sheraton 2 pro but want to stick with a Gibson if possible. I have seen that the Gibson es335 Studio is a much more affordable option, but I can’t seem to find many at all for sale. Is anyone looking to sell a Gibson ES335 Studio or does anyone know of any for sale? I’ve only seen 1 unmodified example on reverb in the UK but nowhere else can I find one. Any help would be appreciated. 

I'm no help in helping you find one, but you have a good idea there.  I have a number of Gibson ES guitars, one being a 2016 ES-335 Studio.  Yes, they sold for considerably less and I can tell you they are well worth the money.  They gave all the build features and overall quality of standard ES-335.  Just less trim.  It is surprisingly much closer to a standard ES-335 than a LP Studio is to a standard LP.

AM-JKLWHGH-1q64eRJBVEholD7xTUNRgzX0p4aNu

AM-JKLXWP_MdGZBipwLAo2veHmZZrdGUcEaMGBRx

Edited by Wmachine

Lovely looking guitar. I think in a way it looks a lot more tidy and sleek without all the trim and binding. The only one I can find in UK is the 2-knob variant. I really wish they were easier to find. I Might have to go for the epiphone Sheraton 2 pro instead. People say they are great guitars but I bet they’re nowhere near the gibson Es335 studios.