Gibson Brands Forums

I want to ask about the price of this Guitar Gibson

huahoa29

I'd just go to reverb or ebay and look for "Sold/Completed Items" of the exact model that your friend is looking to sell.  It's about as good as it gets, since this will give you what people have recently paid for the same item.   You can see the dates of transaction as well so you also know how recent the item sold.

3 hours ago, kidblast said:

I'd just go to reverb or ebay and look for "Sold/Completed Items" of the exact model that your friend is looking to sell.  It's about as good as it gets, since this will give you what people have recently paid for the same item.   You can see the dates of transaction as well so you also know how recent the item sold.

You can also do the same at Reverb.com…

Remember to look at what they actually sold for not how much they're asking… Big difference!

A lot of information needed, and the least of all is that which might corroborate whether the guitar is genuine or not. 

Some info: 
The model known as the Gibson  J-160 E JOHN LENNON LIMITED EDITION was only made in 2000. 

The J-160 E STANDARD (MODEL AS16) was made between 2005 and 2008. 

Photos of the sticker inside the sound hole, clear ones, would help to determine which model we are talking about here, and whether it's genuine. 
Photos of the overall front and back of the guitar as well.

If genuine, they might go anywhere from $1,500 to $3,500, depending upon condition and the pricing observed in your local market. 
And the condition isn't just about what shape it's in, it's also a matter of all-original parts and bits or not. 

Any photos available?
🙂

So... I used to own a John Lennon J160E Limited, # 25 of 250 made in 1999. It was in mint condition when I sold it for about $2500 eight years ago. The orange label inside has all the pertinent info:

5ZSJkNN.jpg

Edited by JO'C