Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone get a new Gibson for Christmas? Or you plan on getting in 2022….

Hype

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Come on Steve that place will give you 60% of what they think its worth or in other words rectally ream you.

They can have her for free, I don't care.

I could use some strings, I guess, so I may have to play hardball with them.

1 hour ago, Riverbassman65 said:

I got this, after an 8 month wait.  So worth it! 

C7850C42-7277-4A8D-A50F-520ACDDBA4D0.jpeg 

I agree! I bought two of these also in blue. One to modify. My Les Paul Triumph bass has always been my “go to” bass. I find myself playing this more lately.

If you are looking for a hard shell case, The Gator Les Paul case fits perfectly.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:52 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I need another wife like I need another hole in my head.

Where do you live Utah?

I know that's right!  Hey I see you are located in Bad News.  That's right down the road a piece from me.  If you need another one, I'll give you mine, free of charge.   You're not too far away either so I could even deliver!  Let me know if you are interested I could get her packed up tonight and deliver her as early as tomorrow afternoon!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GtrPLyr83 said:

I know that's right!  Hey I see you are located in Bad News.  That's right down the road a piece from me.  If you need another one, I'll give you mine, free of charge.   You're not too far away either so I could even deliver!  Let me know if you are interested I could get her packed up tonight and deliver her as early as tomorrow afternoon!

I’ve been trying to get rid of mine but no takers. She is even house broken.

• Like 2

Just before xmas, GC had their SG Tribute Raven SE with a 15% off coupon and I grabbed one.   I love it!  I've been watching for an SG I could afford but am bored with the Tributes, this one is different and I love the total blackness!  And for some reason it is $100 less than the regular Tributes.

I don't love the hot pickups (496R and 500T) but I have a set of 490R and T I will swap in.

Gibson SG Tribute Raven Limited-Edition Electric Guitar Satin Ebony | Guitar Center

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a nice used 2007 Johnny A Signature a couple months ago. It has got me covered for Christmas and my birthday on Feb. 14. It is a great guitar, especially as i have it dialed in just to where I want it. Plays like a dream and sounds great. I am a very happy guy. I hadn't bought a guitar for 4 or 5 years. Now amps are a completely different thing, I seem to bring a couple a year home. Thanks John

Edited by powerwagonjohn
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 8:59 PM, Hype said:

I loved the ES-330L Beale Street Blue released about 10 years ago….A proper 1959 ES-355 Stereo with the B7 Gold Bigsby and Varitone would be nice too…

Well, you didn’t get a ‘59 but you got a ‘60 repro 355. Any chance you’ll pickup that EP Dove you keep going on about?