Gibson Brands Forums

Lava Me 3 Guitar with touchscreen

Rabs

Okay now, that is pretty great. 
Not exactly my thing, but I can see where it would be a mighty handy recording tool. 

You don't want to take it thru the airport though. 

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to check that suitcase back at the gate."

"It's not a suitcase, it's a guitar."

"I have seen plenty of guitars, sir. That there is a Samsonite."

"I'm serious, it's a guitar."

"Single-handled American Tourister, then. "

*sigh* "It's a Lava 3, and it has bluetooth onboard effects."

"These effects;  are they here in the concourse with us right now?"
(speaking softly into microphone)
"Uh, Charlie, I got a Code 3 down here by B7. Nutty guy thinks his suitcase is a lava-spewing guitar with blue teeth."

"Look, I have to board now, I'm trying to get home to San Francisco!"

"Now it all begins to make sense!"
😬

• Haha 2

I recognize the fact I am not Lava's   "Target Market",   but I'd take up the bagpipes before this thing.  I get my daily fill of frustration from my phone, cable tv, and car 'systems' without looking for something else to take up more of my allotment of 24 hours in a day with  Hi Tech Frustration.    I play guitar for enjoyment, part of which is to get away from crapola like this.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I recognize the fact I am not Lava's   "Target Market",   but I'd take up the bagpipes before this thing.  I get my daily fill of frustration from my phone, cable tv, and car 'systems' without looking for something else to take up more of my allotment of 24 hours in a day with  Hi Tech Frustration.    I play guitar for enjoyment, part of which is to get away from crapola like this.  

Yep!  There is an element of overkill there for sure.   And once something goes wrong with that gizmo that runs the show, then what?

I assume it would be easy enough to swap that out for a replacement,  but that's just an assumption.

It's kind of like the Modeling amps like Fender Mustangs, Marshall Codes and amps of that nature

They do a lot, sound pretty good doing it too.  But after a while, the constant tweakability just gets old.. some days you're spending time farting around with all the options than you are  playing.

I think its a better idea than the Firebird X....  Something that can actually help a beginner play and get in to it.. Especially these days, it may help some kids want to learn since they spend most of their time on tablets or phones anyway... Does sorta make sense. Not really for guitar nerds like us. Just amusing for old purists like us to see a tablet in a guitar.  I love the touch screen in my car.. Its very useful.

Just as smart phones really make us dumber, so are guitars with phones in them. As if kids don't have enough distractions now you need a phone in your guitar while playing.

"Hey audience I have to take this call, I'll start the song over in a few mins".

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Just as smart phones really make us dumber, so are guitars with phones in them. As if kids don't have enough distractions now you need a phone in your guitar while playing.

"Hey audience I have to take this call, I'll start the song over in a few mins".

Its not actually a phone.. Just a screen.

I do think the ability to record and playback on the guitar is pretty cool.

Edited by Rabs

They will probably sell a lot of them to younger players that are addicted to their cell phones and various "apps".  People that are more concerned with what it can do and less concerned with how it sounds.  From what I can tell the one demonstrated goes for about $1600 so not real cheap, but affordable compared to a lot of acoustic guitars.  I will stick with wood guitars, and cars with internal combustion engines 😜

41 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I'm going to develop a touch screen device to implant in my dog to teach him to bring me a beer.   If that works,  I will be well on my way to inventing one for my wife. 

I can get my own beer, I sometimes want a mute button for the wife.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Big Bill said:

Does this guitar have a navigation system too?

Hey!  Maybe soon someone will develop the autonomous guitar, so all one has to do is turn it on, put their hands in their pockets and let the guitar do all the rest.  Like "driverless" cars, there'll be "playerless" guitars!  [love]

Whitefang

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Hey!  Maybe soon someone will develop the autonomous guitar, so all one has to do is turn it on, put their hands in their pockets and let the guitar do all the rest.  Like "driverless" cars, there'll be "playerless" guitars!  [love]

Whitefang

They're called CD Players.