Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 12 string?

egoidealmusic

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Gibson should have made a Pigeon or Sparrow model  too, or gone prehistoric and made the Pterodactyl model. Think of the fun pickguards they would have.

Careful what you suggest. And keep your eye on the Sparrow.  .  . The Gibson Sparrow:

19b9PS6.png

So- would the new Prehistoric Series be offered in torrefied and petrified?

Edited by 62burst

11 hours ago, 62burst said:

Careful what you suggest. And keep your eye on the Sparrow.  .  . The Gibson Sparrow:

19b9PS6.png

So- would the new Prehistoric Series be offered in torrefied and petrified?

Neither a Fossilized Top of course.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

22 hours ago, PrairieSchooner said:

You gotta have a 12-string laying around.  There's just that now and then when nothing else will do.

Nope. Don't gotta. 

The "just that now and then" hasn't happened yet, so I'm good.

But if it ever happens and I'm really stuck, I'll just tie two six-strings together and make do.

So thanks for the heads-up.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

3 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

The short-lived Sparrow actually had great specs.  Unfortunately, overshadowed by the hideous 'artwork' on the p/g ! 

Was there really a Sparrow or are you f-ing with me.

I think this year Gibson is releasing in very limited numbers the Parrot.  It's going to be called the Polly Wanna Gibson Model.

What about a Flamingo Model, it would be only come in pink of course. Would Paco De Lucia play that?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

The short-lived Sparrow actually had great specs.  Unfortunately, overshadowed by the hideous 'artwork' on the p/g ! 

fortyearspickn,

Let's call a spade a spade.

This isn't any uglier or more tasteless than the finishing on any of the "bird" guitars, or the j-200 variants.

RBSinTo

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Was there really a Sparrow or are you f-ing with me.

I think this year Gibson is releasing in very limited numbers the Parrot.  It's going to be called the Polly Wanna Gibson Model.

What about a Flamingo Model, it would be only come in pink of course. Would Paco De Lucia play that?

https://reverb.com/item/264091-gibson-sparrow-dreadnought-antique-natural-rosewood-adirondack-red-spruce-hummingbird-dove

Most I've seen were from 2012. A mahogany version of the Dove. Long scale square shoulder. Or, a long scale version of the Hummingbird.

H75442000001000-00-500x500.jpg

2 hours ago, Dave F said:

https://reverb.com/item/264091-gibson-sparrow-dreadnought-antique-natural-rosewood-adirondack-red-spruce-hummingbird-dove.Most I've seen were from 2012. A mahogany version of the Dove. Long scale square shoulder. Or, a long scale version of the Hummingbird.

H75442000001000-00-500x500.jpg

The one from the link has a very familiar shape and natural top that I'm quite used to. It looks great except for that hideous p/g. 

To me a p/g is to try to protect the top as much as it can. I like basic classic black. The tortoise ones do nothing for me.  All but one that I own look like they are made from a chewed up and spit out peice of pepperoni that is flattened. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

18 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

fortyearspickn,

Let's call a spade a spade.

This isn't any uglier or more tasteless than the finishing on any of the "bird" guitars, or the j-200 variants.

RBSinTo

RBS,   Well I own an H'bird and an SJ200, so I might not be the person to ask.    And, I'm guessing you own none of the above, so might not be the person to ask either.  Google 'Iconoclast'. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

RBS,   Well I own an H'bird and an SJ200, so I might not be the person to ask.    And, I'm guessing you own none of the above, so might not be the person to ask either.  Google 'Iconoclast'. 

fyp.,

I didn't ask you anything.

I stated an opinion. My opinion.  Unasked. The same way everyone else does around here.

RBSinTo

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

fyp.,

I didn't ask you anything.

I stated an opinion. My opinion.  Unasked. The same way everyone else does around here.

RBSinTo

Me too.  (btw,  I'm not the one who added that sad faced emoji to your comment. I've sworn off them for my New Years Resolution)

Edited by fortyearspickn

20 hours ago, PrairieSchooner said:

Your loss.

Not at all.

By your logic, it's my loss for not having any number of things, like, oh, I don't know, a snow plow, or a bassoon, or pile driver or barbed wire fence,  or analytical ultra centrifuge or virtually anything I don't have that one could possibly imagine.

RBSinTo

7 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Not at all.

By your logic, it's my loss for not having any number of things, like, oh, I don't know, a snow plow, or a bassoon, or pile driver or barbed wire fence,  or analytical ultra centrifuge or virtually anything I don't have that one could possibly imagine.

RBSinTo

I have an analytical ultra centrifuge  trust me, you're not missing anything, I've no idea what to do with it..

3 hours ago, kidblast said:

I have an analytical ultra centrifuge  trust me, you're not missing anything, I've no idea what to do with it..

Kidblast,

Briefly, they're used for separating different biological constituents in a mixture based on their specific densities by spinning them at very high speed for long periods in a liquid medium that varies in density from top to bottom.

I used them while doing Molecular Biology research in university.

That was in 1972-73, but haven't needed one since.

But if either of us ever do, I know where to find some.

Lemme know.

RBSinTo

3 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Me too.  (btw,  I'm not the one who added that sad faced emoji to your comment. I've sworn off them for my New Years Resolution)

fyp.,

I never even bother to check on the emojies that show up on my posts from time to time, but if it bothers you enough to mention that it wasn't you, I appreciate you saying so.

RBSinTo

42 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Kidblast,

Briefly, they're used for separating different biological constituents in a mixture based on their specific densities by spinning them at very high speed for long periods in a liquid medium that varies in density from top to bottom.

I used them while doing Molecular Biology research in university.

That was in 1972-73, but haven't needed one since.

But if either of us ever do, I know where to find some.

Lemme know.

RBSinTo

Where is that "Sarcasm" emjoi when ya need one! hahaha!

I was being a smart a $$ ...  but you probably knew this.

On 1/10/2022 at 7:40 AM, RBSinTo said:

Not at all.

RBSinTo

What, you don't have ANY of those things?  I can see being without one or two, but...

On 1/10/2022 at 8:40 AM, RBSinTo said:

Not at all.

RBSinTo

You forgot your very useful, and one thing every self respecting red blooded person owns a Particle Accelerator.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper