Gibson Brands Forums

Very Disappointed With Fender Re: My Tele's Belly Cut

badbluesplayer

24 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

I'm trying to figure out what type of saw you used.  Looks like a nice clean cut but I would think difficult to hold the guitar at the same angle from start to finish.  I suppose a jig would be handy and possibly a large band saw?  Enlighten us.

Palm sander ...   😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

EXACTLY why I got rid of my Ovation.... the 'rounded back' and my 'rounded front' made me have to play it like T-Bone Walker!

I sold my 12 string Ovation many many years ago. Then the belly was deeper. I loved playing that guitar but it was difficult because of that deep belly.  Today, my Ovation is much easier to play as they shortened that up.  I would call it a thin line. 

Just now, Retired said:

I sold my 12 string Ovation many many years ago. Then the belly was deeper. I loved playing that guitar but it was difficult because of that deep belly.  Today, my Ovation is much easier to play as they shortened that up.  I would call it a thin line. 

Retired, yes....mine was very old.... a deep plastic back.... 12-String....I actually gave it to my luthier, 

who robbed the electronics, tuners, etc.  out of it and got rid of it, (probably kept the case).

I'm glad 'cause it allowed me to get the 'Bird 12-String in it's place!

13 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Retired, yes....mine was very old.... a deep plastic back.... 12-String....I actually gave it to my luthier, 

who robbed the electronics, tuners, etc.  out of it and got rid of it, (probably kept the case).

I'm glad 'cause it allowed me to get the 'Bird 12-String in it's place!

Humingbird? That's  nice too.  My 12 was like over $900.00 which was a lot for a Ovation back in the 60's. But then, every time I did play it, I thought, "This stupid big round back is so uncomfortable"  as it slid this way and that. 

1 minute ago, Retired said:

Humingbird? That's  nice too.  My 12 was like over $900.00 which was a lot for a Ovation back in the 60's. But then, every time I did play it, I thought, "This stupid big round back is so uncomfortable"  as it slid this way and that. 

Yes.... I well know the feeling!

Yes.... the 'Bird 12-String is the ONLY Right-Handed 'Bird 12-String made that year (2010).

I couldn't ask for anything more that what it is!

I bought my Ovation back in the 70's...used....$350.