Gibson Brands Forums

The Foo Fighters Movie - Studio 666

Rabs

Just when I though I couldn't hate the Foo Fighters any more they found a way. 

Are there any other drummers who have a signature guitar but Dave. I am certain there is no Phil Collins, Neil Peart, or Keith Moon sig model guitar.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

37 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Just when I though I couldn't hate the Foo Fighters any more they found a way. 

Are there any other drummers who have a signature guitar but Dave. I am certain there is no Phil Collins, Neil Peart, or Keith Moon sig model guitar.

I just read that Fender is coming out with a Meg White Telecaster!

I think it will be entertaining. 
Let's face it, it has to be better than:

Head by The Monkees,
KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park,
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band featuring The Bee Gees and Peter Frampton,
and, with apologies to Prince fans, and bear in mind I loved Prince's guitar playing,
Purple Rain

I will gladly watch it some day, for free, on youTube. 

😜

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1iuv6Voi3iq6Re2ocOtl

14 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I think it will be entertaining. 
Let's face it, it has to be better than:

Head by The Monkees,
KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park,
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band featuring The Bee Gees and Peter Frampton,
and, with apologies to Prince fans, and bear in mind I loved Prince's guitar playing,
Purple Rain

I will gladly watch it some day, for free, on youTube. 

😜

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1iuv6Voi3iq6Re2ocOtl

All those were horrible. Kiss or PF and The Bee Gees were the worst of the worst.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

All those were horrible. Kiss or PF and The Bee Gees were the worst of the worst.

Not even Frank Zappa, Annette Funicello, and Jack Nicholson could save the Monkees from the movie Head. 

A nice period piece though. 
(If you were mega-stoned during that period, that is.)

😑

12 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Not even Frank Zappa, Annette Funicello, and Jack Nicholson could save the Monkees from the movie Head. 

😑

Great soundtrack though and after watching  it again  a couple years ago, clearly it was meant to destroy the teenybopper image while commenting on all that's artificial about Hollywood.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sparquelito said:

😑

I’m a huge Zappa fan but 200 Motels is just not good even after a joint or two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinch said:

I don't even know what "dad rock" means, but I'm sure the Foo Fighters are. 

I also realized have no idea what TikTok is. 

Its rock you listen to when you are a Dad to make your kids think your super cool. It’s run of the mill boring stuff middle aged men can snap their fingers to and tap their toes to. Yes FF certainly fit into that category, U2 as well.

Tik Tok is another social media plague on this planet that gives anyone with a phone or computer a voice to say whatever they want and think that other people care and like what you have to say. Like Farcebook but people sometimes make useless scripted videos and then post them.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 1:39 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Its rock you listen to when you are a Dad to make your kids think your super cool. It’s run of the mill boring stuff middle aged men can snap their fingers to and tap their toes to. 

I would not say that I am a huge fan of Dave Grohl, but I admire a lot of what he has accomplished.   I like most of his songs. I loved his movie Sound City. 
And he seems like a good dad himself.  His daughter seems happy and well taken care of. 

When I was a dad with my daughter living at home, I must confess that I didn't listen to music to impress anybody. 

I just listened to that which interested me, turned me on, or inspired me as a guitar player. 
Being cool wasn't my thing. 
My first wife surgically removed my ego and self esteem, so endeavoring to woo any people, let alone neighborhood kids, wasn't part of my genetic makeup. 

My daughter pretty much thought that most of what I listened to was weird. 
Though she liked most of my original songs and my guitar playing. 

I am glad that my daughter (and my granddaughter) have lived to see me perform with the band, and in two-man performances with their uncle, and enjoyed the live music. 
Weird as it may be some times. 

😐

guitar-posture.jpg