Gibson Brands Forums

Unemployment at 8.5%

Californiaman

Heymisterk made two very illustrative points;

The reference about clinging bitterly to guns and religion is from the mouth of his New Messiah, Barack Owe-Bama.

That I have much in common with Certain Groups in Certain Countries who are Certain To Cause Us Harm would be a surprise to the FBI, BATFE, IRS, and the NRC - all groups I'm very familiar with - along with the RNC.

Indeed, I don't see the parallel.

Yeah, I'm the nutty one.

Wonder if he still has a "good union job" there in the Rust Belt, Monument To Industrial Decay?

:D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, if a little far out.

Problem is, people in the US can't understand what has already happened or the dangerous path we're now on. They have no clue the profound implications of the actions of the Defeatocrats, or why Snow, Spector and Collins should be lynched.

People in this nation are indeed sheep, so expecting to get much mileage out of that is sheer folly.

If what you allude to comes to pass, few would understand it even then.

Its not just Obamas fault it is the American peoples fault, Americans do not protest or make their voices heard because all of that has been demonized to the point where you get called a "Traitor" for speaking out against the government.

What we need to do is march up to congress and demand our money back, I do not know about you but i have had enough of the American people getting robbed i think it is time to over throw this government and give the American people back its voice.

We should stop pointing fingers and realize that we should all be ashamed, What ever happened to "United we stand, Divided we fall?" We should be ashamed of our selves to have let the American Government divide us, We shouldn't be Democrats or Republicans but Americans we shouldn't be White Americans. Mexican Americans. Chinese Americans, African Americans etc but Americans, The government has made use believe that we are all different but in reality we are not so different after all.

You're a little late to the party...

What do you think I've been doing for nearly 20 years?

This is not just a "mood" I'm in lately, I've been ranting about this and pissing all over gov't shoes for two decades.

The Republicans were fxcking it up bad enough, and I was up their *** the whole time.

Now the Defeatocrats are gonna fix it by doing the same thing a hundredfold worse?

My wife was one of the 660K+ people who lost their jobs in March' date=' so she's now a statistic. Nearly 30 years in the advertising industry and poof, her and 14 other people from her agency head for the unemplyment line. [/quote']

660 Thousand a Year? Holy **** you guys must be loaded hopefully she saved some of that money.

Interesting' date=' if a little far out.

Problem is, people in the US can't understand what has already happened or the dangerous path we're now on. They have no clue the profound implications of the actions of the Defeatocrats, or why Snow, Spector and Collins should be lynched.

People in this nation are indeed sheep, so expecting to get much mileage out of that is sheer folly.

If what you allude to comes to pass, few would understand it even then.

[/quote']

WOW isn't that the truth? They just go along grinning like a bear eating **** ... like nothing was wrong. The damned bottom fell out.. . It's gone! gone!

In 2007 my partner and I closed our real estate office. mortgages were going to be messed up for a couple years and sales were down -- hadn't sold anything all year and all our agents quit for better jobs. I figured two or three years and it would come back. I figured the houses might lose 10% or at the most 20% -- EVERYBODY needs a house and this is San Diego.

I never saw what was coming (nobody I know did -- nobody I read did -- nobody in business, no professors, no politicians)(well most of all politicians). Hillary and Obama running around talking about health care and arguing about Pennsylvanians liking guns and religion. Debates about Gitmo and Iraq and NOBODY says the frikking banking industry is going to collapse and take the car makers with it. If they'd have known anything they'd have been all over Bush like ugly on an ape. NOBODY saw it. (me either -- I'd have bet it COULD NOT HAPPEN) Most of them would have bet the same. (laughed out of town) (crazier than Arabs flying into the WTC.)

Then Bush comes up with Pelosi in tow (what? Yes -- Bush and Pelosi practically kissing each other on the White House lawn and the entire cabinet there looking like they are on the deck of the Titanic. And then in 48 hours they pass a bill that should have been argued to death for ten years -- boom... it's passed) What?

Still I did not see what was coming -- and nobody I read or heard saw it coming. Then the election and Obama is in and then Katy-bar-the-door the G.D. banks all collapse! What they he**? What happened. The entire Wall Street collapsed -- banks, investment houses, insurance companies, auto makers, auto acceptance companies -- holding notes on EVERYTHING IN THE US! Notes on all the houses and all the cars and all the trucks and all the consumer credit cards -- and the whole God Damned thing collapsed! Are you kidding me?

It will NEVER be 2005 again or 2003 -- that is GONE WITH THE WIND read the book.

Before the Civil War there was a very wealthy South -- so wealthy it was stupid. Privileged and out of touch with anything "normal." A dreamland (rent the movie and watch it). That was the US in 2003, 2004, 2005. That was the US -- houses for everyone --- money, bonuses, vacations, retirements, benefits, cars, boats, travel -- privilege. THAT'S GONE -- probably forever. Gone with the wind.

They cut his throat and threw him overboard for the sharks.

Yes they did.

And he still won reelection!

The defeatocrats think they're so smart.

Look, Al Gore couldn't even win his own state when he ran for President.

Anyone ready for a new revolution?

I believe that some of the defeatocrats actions are treasonous. Acts punishable by death.

Lets bring back the Guillotine and have public executions.

We're not France, but the way we're going, it won't be long now.

Hey I just thought of this cool chorus.

Sing it.

It's the new world order taking over.

It's the new world order come to rule.

It's the new world order taking over.

It's the new world order come to rule.

Gitfidl, you didn't see it coming? Here in Central Illinois, I remember two or three years ago driving around seeing $250,000 houses going up (which is astronomical where I live) and brand new SUVs everywhere and wondering who can afford this. I make around $60,000 a year (decent money here) and I can't afford it. My house payment was $700 a month and I remember hearing a receptionist at a doctors office say she was having trouble with her $1,700 house payment. I knew their weren't that many people who could afford all that. Home loans were given out to anybody. Nothing down, bad credit, etc. Everybody was running up debt they couldn't pay. GMs touble has more to do with GMAC than it does with the buiness of making cars. The economy was driven by people buying things they didn't need, couldn't afford. Hopefully, we all learn to take care of ourselves buy saving instead of spending (which, strangely enough, is bad for the economy).

Rocky, I work with alot of those very same people.

In my line of work, there's a good wage for blue and white collar guys.

I saw a housing bubble about to burst, I knew people would get hurt (went thru it once in the 80's already) and there was no way I was gonna expose myself to that kind of monetary peril.

I saw people refying their homes to buy more sh!t, wasting money left and right.

No way it could last.

We would have a correction like so many times in the past, and those with their act together would do just fine.

What I did NOT see is the cliff we were about to plunge off of where we used to have a government.

DC is now an abyss....

Well the Bush's (I & II) were nobody's favorites..t and neither were the Clintons but this collapse (now as it surfaces) has roots a far back as 30 years and "playing games" with people to prop up ideas that are not **real** ... it's like when a documentary shows lions jump a baby zebra and he's crying and you'd like to jump in and save it -- but that's not real; not how it works. (It took 30 years) But nobody (I read) saw a collapse of Wall Street. Most people (no matter HOW well educated) thought Wall Street could not collapse.

You drive down a freeway and every car has a note (a loan) every building has a note (a mortgage), the tires on the cars were bought on credit cards (notes), the clothes were bought on credit cards -- practically everything you see was bought on credit -- lunch at restaurants (American Express), hotels, business supplies, computers, Internet service, cell phones, gasoline -- all bought on credit. All on credit. Everything.

Now that industry has collapsed! Their investors (Europe, Asia, funds) went home. The traders lost (big) and even the insurance companies collapsed (could not cover their risks -- not enough reserve). The credit industry cannot give GMAC money to finance cars. They cannot give Chrysler money to finance cars. New cars sat on lots and became worthless, dealers unable to sell them closed and went home. Plants closed because they could not sell cars.

If you cannot sell cars you cannot sell boats and RV's -- big ticket items (furniture, appliances, upgrades). You cannot finance home maintenance (roofing, siding), kitchens, termite eradication. Things start going bad (falling apart). It all rolls back. Where does it stop? WE DON'T KNOW!!! Nobody knows! Nobody is talking about WHERE DOES IT STOP. It is "free falling." Like out of an airplane -- and it hasn't gone "thud" yet. THEN we will know.

Thomas Jefferson: "And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. ... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I think he means the right to bear arms is about taking back your government when they no longer represent the people. A good idea, but sadly, it won't work these days.

Thomas Jefferson: "And what country can preserve its liberties' date=' if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. ... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I think he means the right to bear arms is about taking back your government when they no longer represent the people. A good idea, but sadly, it won't work these days.[/quote']

It could .

Rocky4 -- I like your last sentence most. We all need to LEARN about taking care of ourselves, our families, about being friends and about living happily NO MATTER WHAT. I can tell you that our WWII and 1930's Americans did -- they held together and the valued each other. They were good neighbors. They knew that the real treasures were waking up in the morning, being part of a family and a community. Loving your kids, working hard, and making it one-step-at-a-time. They came through a Depression and then they had to stand by and watch husbands and sons go off to war (and the Western Union boy deliver death notifications). They went on doing what they did, being good to one another and keeping faith in "the American way."

I think we all need to renew that way of being. It begins right there at home -- when you get up - counting your treasures before you have the first cup of coffee. Believing that no matter what happens you will make it and your family is what matters (THAT IS THE TRUTH!) Respecting one another -- friends, neighbors, business associates and expecting respect from them too.

We will get through this. We build cities on the prairies, a transcontinental railroad system, and we survived a flue epidemic, a Depression and several wars. There is not much that can keep Americans down (it can get you mad and it can make you struggle, but it cannot defeat you if you do not give up).

And that starts every morning when you wake up and you look at you blessing therein your home. and -- "Hopefully, we all learn to take care of ourselves buy saving instead of spending " (Well, -- that is good for the economy right now)

I sure hope your wrong' date=' Gitfidl. [/quote']

I hope I am wrong too. I hope I am very wrong. [ I have no special information other than what I read]

I was way wrong in 2007 and in 2008 -- I did not see ** the collapse** as late as Bush and Pelosi on the White House lawn (I thought it was strange for them to be so lovey-dovey. I thought it was strange to pass something like that in an over-night session with no argument at all -- so they must be scared). I just did not see the entire banking system failing.

My **fear** is that I keep looking for some "brain" to publish something (Harvard, WSJ, SRI, Brookings) and I haven't seen anything that says "OK, here is what happened, now here is what has to be done to recover..." NOBODY is saying anything. Normally you cannot shut them up. Everybody wants to be the one who had the answer first.

I must be wrong to this extent: the ball game keeps changing (every day) and so whatever I believe to be true today will NOT be entirely true tomorrow and even less true a month from now. So what is "true" is going to be a moving target. Kind of like a football game. In the first quarter one team made a lot of gains and the score is 27-0 and it looks like that team has the whole game in its pocket.

But a lot can happen after the first quarter. We are definitely still in the first quarter -- the bank failures and the bail out started about 6 months ago. The game is far from played out.

Look at the positive side of the picture -- US. We are an optimistic and willing people and when the chips are down we can get our butts into action and pull together. Most of us have a basic education and can be resourceful. None of us intend to sit on our tail and quit.

We are free to form companies, work, do things, try things -- even fail and try again. We have access to schools and training programs and mentors who can teach us things and we can GROW just like the problem. We can BECOME whatever we need to be.

We never accept defeat or failure as permanent. (our culture) So we will be the ones who carry us out of this problem. We always are.

Our "lifestyle" is going to change (a lot). We are all going to live a lot differently -- more on the order of Europeans.

PS - I edited the three posts to make them shorter -- I apologize for rambling.

Archived