Gibson Brands Forums

Choosing strap

DaHooomie

So because of stress and to much guitar playing, I get farm in my shoulders and it gives me a headache. Last time it happened I was sick for four weeks before i went to a chiropractor and got it fixed. Now it's happening again. I'm going to the chiropractor next monday. I guess I need a good guitar strap that's really comfy and take some weight of my shoulders. Any tips?

^^^^^That sounds like a government subsidizing program.

I dont have a clue what farm is. BUT I would look for a strap that has an anti gravity feature. I dont see how a different strap is going to take weight off....try a wider one, i dont think it will help tho.

Alright' date=' I used google translate. According to Google (which probably is wrong), it's when you get stiff in for example your muscles in your shoulders, biceps etc.. Anyone have another word?[/quote']

Stiff in the ..., stiffness, either of those works. You didn't need google after all :D

Spoken like a person with a very young body. Let's see, if your choice was to play in pain or look "just plain stupid" but play comfortably, you'd go for the pain; right?

Honest to God, kid, my freakin' knee braces and cane are ugly as hell but I couldn't walk without 'em.

Archived