Gibson Brands Forums

Please contribute to the celebration of the 100th birthday of the last surviving Kalamazoo Gal

jt

Hello, fellow Gibsonians.

I’m seeking a favor from my guitar-playing friends. On January 30, Irene Stearns, the last surviving Kalamazoo Gal, turns 100. I’m organizing a virtual celebration. The Kalamazoo mayor has issued a proclamation declaring the day the official Irene Stearns Day (but I can’t share the video of that until next Tuesday when the city will make the proclamation official). 

I’m recruiting musicians to record a simple 15-30 second selfie video wishing Irene a Happy 100th. Something like, “I’m John from Connecticut, USA. Happy 100th, Irene!” Might you be willing to participate? I’ll string together the video clips. Please send your clip to johnthomasguitar -at- gmail -dot-com. Let’s make this a worldwide celebration!

Here's an example of what I'm looking for:

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipOCOeBdgRIFD4td6JbC_WJvDaQSz0IxZruI4-UI

Humbly yours, John.

49 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

This is amazing.   I'm guessing there are several of us that have some kind of connection to Kalamazoo !  

Thanks! Videos are coming in from around the globe. Please consider contributing.

2 hours ago, 62burst said:

Done.

In order to avoid going over to the forum's meager messaging storage, it  was added to your "Hi John-  . . ." thread in the forum's Messages box.

Got it! Fantastic.

Thanks!

Details on time and platform for the virtual event soon.

8 hours ago, Mr.Woody said:

John, this really is outstanding! What a great mayor/commissioner  to show such enthusiasm for this. Thanks for making this all happen!!

Thanks! Yes, The city of Kalamazoo has responded splendidly (and even used the proclamation I wrote for the mayor!).