Gibson Brands Forums

Welcome Home Advanced Jumbo 2005 Historic Collection

paul300

Hello Dear Forum,

I had the occasion to play a Gibson Advanced Jumbo 2005 Demo Model in a local music store in Paris last week and was blown away by its resonance and thumb. I was not used to such a woody tone so far. It has some signs of use but all of it seems pretty aesthetic to me. The prize was still acceptable .. after two hours of reflection and a beer I couldn't resist and took her home. Didn't think I would fall for a long scale.

02.jpg

04.jpg

all the best, Paul

I've always loved the look of the AJ, many times being tempted by them, but the scale length is not for me. I think I recall there being a short scale model at some point in the recent past, not sure though. Looks amazing! I myself am waiting on my 42 banner to arrive but fedex is delayed of course haha. Get some sound clips up!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paul300 said:

blown away by its resonance and thumb.

what is a guitar's thumb?

Congrats on the fine AJ

1 hour ago, Dash_Starkiller said:

I've always loved the look of the AJ, many times being tempted by them, but the scale length is not for me. I think I recall there being a short scale model at some point in the recent past, not sure though.

Yes to all of that

1 hour ago, J185cat said:

My AJ is by far my favorite guitar. They have that deep resonance you noted but are not boomy sounding, just beautiful. Think you will get used to the scale length pretty quickly. Congrats and darn, now I want a beer.

That's not how GAS is supposed to work. But you already have an AJ, so          Beer.

• Thanks 1