Gibson Brands Forums

Laughing at Dean

Geff

You all have seen that new ZW guitar by Gibson that is half SG and half flying V. Personally I worry about a guy who goes to such extreme lengths to get noticed!

Anyway, why am I laughing at Dean. Well did you see their version of the same shape is called ........ wait for it .......... the SPLIT TAIL. Now where I come from that is a derogatory name for a chick! Thats why I am laughing.

They just called their own guitar a C*nt!

Why make fun of dean...have you ever played one of their acutal expensie gutiars? I dont think so cause they are hard to find, they are a great guitar comapny that has a few flaws. But hey what compant doesnt have flaws i mean look at gibson right now.

its true, dean is sticking to their roots which more companies should take note of, *cough* GIBSON *cough* but at the same time you can rag on gibson to hard, they are trying new things and listening to the people about the insane prices.

I'm just curious how long they'll try to ride out the Dimebag thing. Now every ML is insantly labeled a Dime model regardless of whether it is or not. Some people would just say that's because he's so associated with that model but you can't look at how many freakin dfferent Dime models they have and then tell me that

The dean headstock is no les ugly than the ephiphone headstock ' date=' now thats ugly.[/quote']

Hmm... I'd agree that the Epi headstock is a little goofy. But it's not bordering on the absurd.

They may as well change Deans name to Dimebag Guitars. He has been dead for how long now and they still cant stop blowing him. They really need to get over their man-crush. Hell Dean Zalinsky (sp?) has even left them to start his own guitar line. Oh, as if it matters, Dean and BC Rich have got to make the ugliest guitars out there as well.

Also, Fender, Ibanez and Gibson can claim that almost without fail all their guitars (low to high priced) play well. Naturally not flawlessly but definetely playable as is. Cant say that about Deans. They should be ashamed of their low-end crap. All they appeal to is dumb kids and Dimebags man-crushes. They always go on and on about how cool the guitars look. Thats their focus. Looks. Forget the sound of it huh? I think if Dime could send them a message even he would say "Get over it already. Move on".

its true' date=' dean is sticking to their roots which more companies should take note of, *cough* GIBSON *cough* but at the same time you can rag on gibson to hard, they are trying new things and listening to the people about the insane prices.[/quote']

I agree!!!! do you guys even think that gibson even look at their forums?? there would be a lot of changes made for the best if they listened.

I'm just curious how long they'll try to ride out the Dimebag thing. Now every ML is insantly labeled a Dime model regardless of whether it is or not. Some people would just say that's because he's so associated with that model but you can't look at how many freakin dfferent Dime models they have and then tell me that

exactly, for a period of time dime disnt even use deans, he used washburn

My friend had a Dean acoustic and I have a Martin. When we jam together we're Dean Martin. :^o/

:)

And who cares about Dean guitars?

Dime played Dean guitars and Randall amps. He didn't give a damn about gear.

The Dean headstock idea is from the original Gibson Explorer. I remember seeing Dean guitars around 1978. They were fantastic! The heels were contoured to give better axcess to the upper frets. Sadly, Dean Zelinsky sold the company in the late eighties and they lost their identity. They don't make anything like the guitars they used to.

I agree!!!! do you guys even think that gibson even look at their forums?? there would be a lot of changes made for the best if they listened.

Either they're not looking (which means their "customer relations" people aren't doing their jobs), OR they ARE looking and ignoring the complaints/criticism/suggestions/demands (which also means they're not doing their jobs). Wow.

H-Bomb

A friend fell for the Dimebag Dean BS and bought one of their Vees about 6 years ago. It was about the crappiest guitar I'd ever seen.

It's a good thing they are sold mainly to wannabe metal heads that are going to drown the tone in distortion.

Dean Guitars rock! They made all of Dimebag Darrell's guitars.
:- dime also played washburn for a while and jackson for a short time . The guitars dime played were made in the 70's and also made in USA . The new deans are not made in the usa and the guy that made dimes guitars sold the company years ago.

Archived