Gibson Brands Forums

Smokey and the Bandit!

jimmiJAMM

Thanks guys, they actually sound quite similar due to the fact that they both have the similar pickups but they play differently. The Midtown has that shorter Byrdland scale length bound neck while the 135's unbound neck feels much thinner and seems to play faster. I like that they're  not your usual everyday models.

14 hours ago, jimmiJAMM said:

Thanks guys, they actually sound quite similar due to the fact that they both have the similar pickups but they play differently. The Midtown has that shorter Byrdland scale length bound neck while the 135's unbound neck feels much thinner and seems to play faster. I like that they're  not your usual everyday models.

I prefer the less common guitar models myself. 👍

Yes yes yes!!!  That is...very easy on the eye...[love]   P100s eh?  I'd be most interested to hear your opinion of those after awhile.

:-k I am beginning to see a pattern here....f-holes, single cut, shallow body....more investigation needed.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:40 AM, merciful-evans said:

I prefer the less common guitar models myself. 👍

Agree strongly.

On 1/21/2022 at 5:04 PM, jdgm said:

Yes yes yes!!!  That is...very easy on the eye...[love]   P100s eh?  I'd be most interested to hear your opinion of those after awhile.

:-k I am beginning to see a pattern here....f-holes, single cut, shallow body....more investigation needed.

Agree strongly.

Yes indeed a definite pattern here! I've always loved hollow and semi-hollow ES style guitars. Perhaps it was Chuck Berry hopping across the stage with one that sold me on them from an early age. I also like being able to noodle about without having to be plugged in, and they tend to be much lighter than their solid body contemporaries. F-holes seem to add a level of craftsmanship and class as well, in my opinion.  I too am looking forward to hearing these stacked P-100s. She arrives Tuesday, can't wait!