Gibson Brands Forums

AMPS!!!!

SG dude

Speaking of cleans from an amp I have a Fender M-80 that has a great clean sound. I bought it when I was playing in a jazz band and only used the clean sound. It's lighter than a tube amp which made it great for gigs. Overall it's one of the best sounding clean amps I've ever heard and it has the great Fender reverb.

The distortion on that amp is another story.

oh i just own like 2 amps one is 10000 miles away and one is Spider III 15 watts.... I can tell you, its the best 15 w amp ive seen! Freakin awesome. I also like to play Bogners- they r cool... Roland microcubes r real cool for what they r.... Spider_III_15_Jun-06_Hi-Rez-e07951d85a8f0844f135a0adad3efa0b.jpg

bogneralchemist.jpg

for mini amp fun i have a Marshall MS-2 and a couple of SMOKEY amps. the Smokey's can fit in my shirt pocket!

for home use, rehearsal, regular gigs etc. i have an 18 watt Dr. Z Maz Jr and a Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb RI.

for major demolition projects i use my Marshall 100 watt DSL 1/2 stack.

I have a Marshall TSL 100 that I really like. I was comparing it with a Mesa Stiletto Trident when I bought it and went with the Marshall, still like the Stilettos a lot.

I also have a Traynor YCV20WR http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=3&cat=63&id=251

I don't know how popular Traynor's are in The States, but it's a lot like a Fender Blues Junior with better controls and a Celestion Greenback... great amp.

I don't like amps with digital effects on them and I think the 5150 and all it's reincarnations are overrated.

The Blue Angel in my avatar.

<<<<<<<

It's a 2000. I got it a few years ago, bought a flight case, and it's the bomb. Gibson, Tube screamer, Boogie. I stay on 2;6V6's for smaller clubs (miked) but occasionally have to switch it to 4; EL84's for bigger stages. It gigs 45/50 weekends a year and has been bulletproof.

I also have a Zinky designed Prosonic combo that's a tube rectifier amp as well, and a smoker, but the Boogie is "sweeter".

Murph.

Archived