Gibson Brands Forums

Indoor Concert 2022

NighthawkChris

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Get her one of those lady short barrel pistols for her purse, and she will be the cock of the walk, well not literally. 

Lol. For years, I have tried to get her to carry a gun. Any gun, or caliber she wants.  I am a collector so there's no problem plus it was her idea to get her conceal carry. She went in with her aunt and they both qualified together. I even have a tiny .9mm for her, shoots 9 or 10 rounds. That gun fits in a pocket. Now ladies have bra holsters. I watched one gal draw it out, very very fast. I even helped them both pass the course. I tell you what she wants, a smaller FN57. She loves that gun and that's what she took to the range to qualify with.  Shoots extremely well and accurate. like a .22 and mine holds 3-20round mags. I also have 3-30 round mags for it.  Too big for her purse though. 

11 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He's a killer guitarist.  Worthy of all the accolades bestowed upon him. I would go see him again in a heart beat. I think both times I saw him Alex Leigertwood was his vocalist.

Deb and I saw his key board player with Ringo Star twice. He was great. Gosh, I liked Santana since WoodStock, Lol.   How are you doing Sgt.? We have to pick up the 2 grandkids tomorrow morning. We're wondering what to do with them both? I could have them help walk Sundance around a few blocks? 

7 minutes ago, Retired said:

Deb and I saw his key board player with Ringo Star twice. He was great. Gosh, I liked Santana since WoodStock, Lol.   How are you doing Sgt.? We have to pick up the 2 grandkids tomorrow morning. We're wondering what to do with them both? I could have them help walk Sundance around a few blocks? 

I'm okay. I am going stir crazy since deciding to retire. I had a job interview the other day and I suspect I will get a job offer next week. I know you worked for the Rail Road. I worked for Norfolk Southern for a year and a half. Third shift in your late 40's was not for me. Great job, but the RR talks safety, but wants you to do everything but be safe to get the job done. Hope you and the Misses are doing well.

Can't wait to see Ringo in June I think.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm okay. I am going stir crazy since deciding to retire. I had a job interview the other day and I suspect I will get a job offer next week. I know you worked for the Rail Road. I worked for Norfolk Southern for a year and a half. Third shift in your late 40's was not for me. Great job, but the RR talks safety, but wants you to do everything but be safe to get the job done. Hope you and the Misses are doing well.

Can't wait to see Ringo in June I think.

You do need things to keep you busy and/or entertained. Good luck. Yeah, I worked 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts at both railroads.  Started at U.P. till the Omaha Shops closed on me and finished up at B.N. who merged with Santa Fee while I was there. I liked the UP but hated the BN. They hired foreman and management right out of the military that had no clue. One General thought the poles that stuck up on a flat car were Goal Field posts. He called the Sill a Seal.  Thought the hand brake was a steering wheel. Needles to say? Their safety was a joke.  I loved working 2 shifts together, I worked 2nd & 3rd together whenever I could. I was on the head of the overtime list for a long time.   Deb got hired on at our Holland Center, to usher. She is doing it with her friend Dorthy.  I would have got a side job but I can't hear people very good, my back gets bad just standing around in the same spot,  I may go back to working out again when the finish our gym. 

9 hours ago, Retired said:

I have heard that. Deb's friend, Missy just got over Covid and told Deb about how it messed up her smell & taste. 

I remember that I started showing symptoms the day I went to a concert with my friends.  They were very mild - a little bit of a runny nose, no congestion, cough, etc.  I felt fine in other words.  But I was in very close proximity to all of them.  To boot, 2 days later, I went to band practice - still feeling just fine.  I cut my lawn while I had an infection and we are talking about walking around an acre of land lifting crap and the sort...  So in the end, NO ONE caught COVID from me even while I was symptomatic.  I caught it from my kids who had a COVID outbreak at their daycare center. 

So did the vaccine help me, I'd like to think so.  Granted I still believe that this is way overblown by the fake news - i.e. corporate media of ALL walks of life from Fox to CNN (FNN) - but in the end, this virus is highly contagious and I know people who have long COVID, have died, or had weeks of suffering in the hospital with pneumonia and blood clots in their lungs.  I also know that many people have had very mild bouts with COVID like me.  Most people get mild cases which to me qualifies as someone that doesn't need medical attention to route the infection. 

Nonetheless, I am going to do what I can to be safe as I can.  I am not going to live in isolation forever and by God, my kids go to schools every day...  We are exposed and that makes it easier for us to enjoy a simple dinner at a restaurant.  I missed that a lot back when this stuff all started.  But in the end, I believe that NO ONE knows about this virus.  Not the CDC, the WHO, our wonderful leaders, nobody...  But I said it in the beginning of this that the only thing that will get me out of this house of mine is zero cases (haha!) or a vaccine.  Obviously took my chances with the vaccine and held out as long as I could.  So that's my story, I'm sticking by it.  I don't know what I'm doing from one day to the next be there a school closing, daycare closing, breakout at work... 

Finally got my COVID tests in the mail from the gubment...  Good timing.  Just in time before the next pandemic!  I heard the tests are not as good at detecting the variants.  The PCR test is a poor way to detect the virus anyhow from what I have heard from some "experts".  Who knows...  This whole thing has been a disaster and a S-show.  Yeah, I held out on going to the concert with my friend, but he was cool about it and we are going to get together for the SB this Sunday.  COVID be damned, I'm watching Stafford play in the game of his life.  It's the closest a Lions fan (not that I am) will ever get to the SB.  Truth! 

Best wishes to ya @Retired

1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

I remember that I started showing symptoms the day I went to a concert with my friends.  They were very mild - a little bit of a runny nose, no congestion, cough, etc.  I felt fine in other words.  But I was in very close proximity to all of them.  To boot, 2 days later, I went to band practice - still feeling just fine.  I cut my lawn while I had an infection and we are talking about walking around an acre of land lifting crap and the sort...  So in the end, NO ONE caught COVID from me even while I was symptomatic.  I caught it from my kids who had a COVID outbreak at their daycare center. 

So did the vaccine help me, I'd like to think so.  Granted I still believe that this is way overblown by the fake news - i.e. corporate media of ALL walks of life from Fox to CNN (FNN) - but in the end, this virus is highly contagious and I know people who have long COVID, have died, or had weeks of suffering in the hospital with pneumonia and blood clots in their lungs.  I also know that many people have had very mild bouts with COVID like me.  Most people get mild cases which to me qualifies as someone that doesn't need medical attention to route the infection. 

Nonetheless, I am going to do what I can to be safe as I can.  I am not going to live in isolation forever and by God, my kids go to schools every day...  We are exposed and that makes it easier for us to enjoy a simple dinner at a restaurant.  I missed that a lot back when this stuff all started.  But in the end, I believe that NO ONE knows about this virus.  Not the CDC, the WHO, our wonderful leaders, nobody...  But I said it in the beginning of this that the only thing that will get me out of this house of mine is zero cases (haha!) or a vaccine.  Obviously took my chances with the vaccine and held out as long as I could.  So that's my story, I'm sticking by it.  I don't know what I'm doing from one day to the next be there a school closing, daycare closing, breakout at work... 

Finally got my COVID tests in the mail from the gubment...  Good timing.  Just in time before the next pandemic!  I heard the tests are not as good at detecting the variants.  The PCR test is a poor way to detect the virus anyhow from what I have heard from some "experts".  Who knows...  This whole thing has been a disaster and a S-show.  Yeah, I held out on going to the concert with my friend, but he was cool about it and we are going to get together for the SB this Sunday.  COVID be damned, I'm watching Stafford play in the game of his life.  It's the closest a Lions fan (not that I am) will ever get to the SB.  Truth! 

Yeah... Can't keep living like this forever. Is there going to be an Omicron vaccine? And then what, another one a month later? How many shots in just one year? 

I don't know. 

8 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Yeah... Can't keep living like this forever. Is there going to be an Omicron vaccine? And then what, another one a month later? How many shots in just one year? 

I don't know. 

In the states we have the Omicron booster available for those who want it. I got my initial 2 jabs and I'm not playing the every 3 months we need to get another one game.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

In the states we have the Omicron booster available for those who want it. I got my initial 2 jabs and I'm not playing every 3 months we need to get another one game.

But it's not specifically developed for Omicron, right? I got a booster shot (third shot)...

2 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

So does Neil, the guy who wants us to quit working at Spotify and is going to pay for us to live in his mansion where we can have avocado toast every morning. 

I believe NY is fake news. 

Neil is a fake person. Why don't you and Daryl go back to Canada and get out of the USA. All you want to do is talk s-hit about it. Go scrutinize Trudeaus politics and shut up about ours.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

Just now, NighthawkChris said:

I don't know why I find the fake thing funny, haha!  It cracks me up!  Literally, just call someone fake this or fake that, I laugh! 

I think Neil identifies as a rock star, which means he isn't. He's a sad old hippie who did to many drugs and probably s-hits into a diaper.

1 minute ago, NighthawkChris said:

Some of them Canadians are getting testy over there blocking borders because of mandates.  I get the protest.  Canada has like one of the highest vaccination rates and you can't do a GD thing there unless you take the shot.  And Trudeau was blackface before... 

It's sad. I love Canada, and always had a great time when I went there. I hope to be able to go back after it thaws out up there. 

@Sgt. Pepper I agree, I like Canada too.  I live close enough to the Ambassador bridge and enjoyed some great hockey over the years.  Used to buy great hockey equipment there for cheap back then compared to US prices.  Beautiful country to say the least.  Also, I worked with Canadians and they are some of the nicest people I ever met.  I don't get the politics there though...  As always, leave it to politics to muddy the waters.  Seems draconian to me to disallow someone to participate with society because they opt to not take a shot.  Like we were saying, are vaccinated people less contagious?  It doesn't seem to be completely preventing infection...  Again, I think no one knows anything about this virus. 

You can't come and see me in concert unless you show proof your one of us. Well then your gonna get what you want. A house filled with the like minded people, and of course that is what they want. I have tix for Jason Isbell in June. I will not  be going cause he is now rich and tuning into Neil Young, and likes telling us what we need to do and think. I'll bet if it was early in his career and was still hungry he would not be saying all the c-rap he does now. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You can't come and see me in concert unless you show proof your one of us. Well then your gonna get what you want. A house filled with the like minded people, and of course that is what they want. I have tix for Jason Isbell in June. I will not  be going cause he is now rich and tuning into Neil Young, and likes telling us what we need to do and think. I'll bet if it was early in his career and was still hungry he would not be saying all the c-rap he does now. 

I wish I was rich enough to give Spotify the finger haha!

3 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I wish I was rich enough to give Spotify the finger haha!

I am rich enough to not use it. I got albums and cds. Fuk streaming music. I play what I want to hear. The only time the radio is on in the car, is when my wife is with me. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

11 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Reminds me of the very first time I took Deb to a rock concert. "Fleetwood Mac."  She bugged me for weeks till I promised.  Before they came on stage, the Bic lighters were lit from about everyone there. Looked pretty cool in the dark tough. Then FleetWood comes on and little did I know back then?  Everyone lights up. I never seen so much dope and I'm sure a few had cigarettes as well? I was sick for a week smelling everyone smoking around me.