Gibson Brands Forums

genre

Carmine457

ok who put i dont like the person who made this poll?

countrys up there all alone cause i couldnt find something like it

(i hate country)

You probably can't play country music either. It's not always as easy as it sounds/looks

i didnt say it was easy

i can play a couple johnny cash songs

dont know if that counts

i just dont like the genre

I was just kidding. I'm not a huge fan of country either. I like some old stuff. Except I do really like to listen to Brad Paisly because that boy can play a mean tele with a B bender.

Allow me to make a distinction between Johnny Cash, Willie, Waylon, George and others of 'Old Country' and the general sh1t currently referred to as country music today. Pardon my foul language, but that bubble gum pop corn crap you get when changing the radio to one of the area's country music stations is in no way on par to those of ole; as to the mini list above and others of the 'old school' group. I love the classics of country music, but would rather listen to rap then the crap of modern country. IMHO

Allow me to make a distinction between Johnny Cash' date=' Willie, Waylon, George and others of 'Old Country' and the general sh1t currently referred to as country music today. Pardon my foul language, but that bubble gum pop corn crap you get when changing the radio to one of the area's country music stations is in no way on par to those of ole; as to the mini list above and others of the 'old school' group. I love the classics of country music, but would rather listen to rap then the crap of modern country. IMHO

[/quote'] =P~ Hear, Hear =P~

Allow me to make a distinction between Johnny Cash' date=' Willie, Waylon, George and others of 'Old Country' and the general sh1t currently referred to as country music today. Pardon my foul language, but that bubble gum pop corn crap you get when changing the radio to one of the area's country music stations is in no way on par to those of ole; as to the mini list above and others of the 'old school' group. I love the classics of country music, but would rather listen to rap then the crap of modern country. IMHO

[/quote']

Wow Homz, I think you and I see eye to eye on something. I agree that the new country is not like the old school stuff and generally I like the old guys - Willie, Waylon, Williams, Haggard etc...

However, I still enjoy listening to good guitar playing and I think country music today has a lot more good pickers, or at least they are recorded more. I've mentioned Brad Paisley, but also studio guitarest Brent Mason has played on a lot of recordings and he is a great picker. True none of these guys are Chet Atkins or Merle Travis, but they are still good.

Wow Homz' date=' I think you and I see eye to eye on something. I agree that the new country is not like the old school stuff and generally I like the old guys - Willie, Waylon, Williams, Haggard etc...

However, I still enjoy listening to good guitar playing and I think country music today has a lot more good pickers, or at least they are recorded more. I've mentioned Brad Paisley, but also studio guitarest Brent Mason has played on a lot of recordings and he is a great picker. True none of these guys are Chet Atkins or Merle Travis, but they are still good.[/quote']

Agreed.

Archived