Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Thief in Canada steals a new R9 by sticking his down his pants?


Realmongo

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, kidblast said:

The state of affairs in DC right now is a clown show.  

and we don't hold our breaths waiting for anything to get better.

 

I used to think the same thing, until I realized how insulting it was to real clowns.  I’m sure real clowns know what they’re doing as it relates to clowning around and being clowns.  DC politicians have no idea what they’re doing and prove it on a daily basis.

Edited by tx-ogre
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He still hasn’t been caught. He can probably thank Covid due having to wear a mask.

He hasn't been caught yet? Maybe the whole staff was sick and off work and 1 or 2 workers were busy with customers to pay attention?  Something like that should have been obvious. Surely they had cameras in and outside? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Retired said:

He hasn't been caught yet? Maybe the whole staff was sick and off work and 1 or 2 workers were busy with customers to pay attention?  Something like that should have been obvious. Surely they had cameras in and outside? 

They might. Cameras saw him walk in but . . . Hey who stole the guitar- the guy with the mask on.

Oh wait that’s everyone.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

They might. Cameras saw him walk in but . . . Hey who stole the guitar- the guy with the mask on.

Oh wait that’s everyone.

Yeah, here masks are mandatory again but many still are refusing to wear them in stores. A mask would be difficult to track the guy. Unless they had a camera outdoors and got the liscence number? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Retired said:

Yeah, here masks are mandatory again but many still are refusing to wear them in stores. A mask would be difficult to track the guy. Unless they had a camera outdoors and got the liscence number? 

Its Canada, they follow the rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Its Canada, they follow the rules.

I couldn't believe when Deb & I were in Barns & Noble bookstore, some woman carried a whole stack of books she opted to Not Pay for right out the door. Employees that were working up front watched her do it. One of the gals went outdoors to watch her get in a car and wrote down the liscence number. We watched the whole thing and I asked if they wanted me to go out and grab her? NO! They said they were not allowed to do that and had to let her go. They would give police her plate number and they also took a photo of the gal that did it.  Laws have changed so much I guess? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Retired said:

I couldn't believe when Deb & I were in Barns & Noble bookstore, some woman carried a whole stack of books she opted to Not Pay for right out the door. Employees that were working up front watched her do it. One of the gals went outdoors to watch her get in a car and wrote down the liscence number. We watched the whole thing and I asked if they wanted me to go out and grab her? NO! They said they were not allowed to do that and had to let her go. They would give police her plate number and they also took a photo of the gal that did it.  Laws have changed so much I guess? 

Thats the new normal. We are a nation of pansy’s now. Smash them in the face. They will think twice about doing it again, but then they will sue and get $ , due to it now being assault and battery even if they were committing a crime. Sometimes my country makes me sick to my stomach.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Thats the new normal. We are a nation of pansy’s now. Smash them in the face. They will think twice about doing it again, but then they will sue and get $ assault and battery.

Yep! Here in Nebraska, the law states, "No Castle Law." At my Concealed carry class way back, they told us, If someone breaks in your home to rob you, Yow are supposed to go hide someplace or try to leave your home if possible and call 911. If you shoot them and they live, we can be arrested and they can sue us for damages. Our class was taught by 2 police officers.  So we were told, If, such a thing happens? Shoot them & make sure they are dead and put like a kitchen knife in their hand. They were threatening your life and now it's self defense. They can't talk so its your story against a dead mans.  I'm 68 and just hope that never happens to us. Sundance keeps the rift raft away anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Retired said:

Yep! Here in Nebraska, the law states, "No Castle Law." At my Concealed carry class way back, they told us, If someone breaks in your home to rob you, Yow are supposed to go hide someplace or try to leave your home if possible and call 911. If you shoot them and they live, we can be arrested and they can sue us for damages. Our class was taught by 2 police officers.  So we were told, If, such a thing happens? Shoot them & make sure they are dead and put like a kitchen knife in their hand. They were threatening your life and now it's self defense. They can't talk so its your story against a dead mans.  I'm 68 and just hope that never happens to us. Sundance keeps the rift raft away anyway. 

That's a tricky thing to negotiate isnt it? 

We don't keep guns here (uk), so that option is immediately out of the window.  

In law we are supposed to use 'reasonable force' for self defence. So I have to go easy on that thief who's a third my age and twice my weight. 

I couldn't legally even defend against the theft of my guitars. Not even by using the all maple Fingerbone Strat as a weapon. Even though it could take the damage and add a bit of relicing at the same time. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

That's a tricky thing to negotiate isnt it? 

We don't keep guns here (uk), so that option is immediately out of the window.  

In law we are supposed to use 'reasonable force' for self defence. So I have to go easy on that thief who's a third my age and twice my weight. 

I couldn't legally even defend against the theft of my guitars. Not even by using the all maple Fingerbone Strat as a weapon. Even though it could take the damage and add a bit of relicing at the same time. 

 

No one has guns in the UK? Come on. No bad guys in the UK. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah.  It seems like such a small thing to ask too.   And I always bring up a same point time and again....

Where was all this "individual rights" indignation about masks  when 50 years ago stores and restaurants started posting those "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" signs on all their doors?  You don't remember hearing of people raising any big fuss and getting into fistfights about THAT, do ya?

Whitefang

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Yeah.  It seems like such a small thing to ask too.   And I always bring up a same point time and again....

Where was all this "individual rights" indignation about masks  when 50 years ago stores and restaurants started posting those "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" signs on all their doors?  You don't remember hearing of people raising any big fuss and getting into fistfights about THAT, do ya?

Whitefang

If the government asked people not to jump off cliffs, there'd be people jumping off like lemmings "because next thing they'll take our guns away". I think if you argue individual rights you should be able to see the difference between exercising individual rights and individual insanity.

But hey. That's me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2022 at 7:26 PM, tx-ogre said:

I used to think the same thing, until I realized how insulting it was to real clowns.  I’m sure real clowns know what they’re doing as it relates to clowning around and being clowns.  DC politicians have no idea what they’re doing and prove it on a daily basis.

My favorite saying these days.. 

"Elect clowns, expect a circus."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Pinch said:

If the government asked people not to jump off cliffs, there'd be people jumping off like lemmings "because next thing they'll take our guns away". I think if you argue individual rights you should be able to see the difference between exercising individual rights and individual insanity.

But hey. That's me.

My mother used to ask "Would you jump off a bridge if your friends did?"  And we'd yell "Sure!" and laugh just to be dopey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Yeah.  It seems like such a small thing to ask too.   And I always bring up a same point time and again....

Where was all this "individual rights" indignation about masks  when 50 years ago stores and restaurants started posting those "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" signs on all their doors?  You don't remember hearing of people raising any big fuss and getting into fistfights about THAT, do ya?

Whitefang

I think the "No Shoes, No Shirts, No Service" is just so you don't have bunch of slobby looking people in your establishment that would keep some customers away. I'm fine with no shirts for women though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...