Gibson Brands Forums

obviously powertab+wine+linux=bad?

Carmine457

Wine (which is not an emulator, btw) is hit or miss with a lot of programs. After a lot of fiddling around, I found that setting up a dual boot configuration was easier in the long run. On the rare occasion that I need to run a program that doesn't have a linux equivalent, I just boot into windows and do my thing, and then return to my geekdom.

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_linux_and_windows_xp_linux_installed_first.htm

Why don't you just go with XP or Vista on a PC? I'm not real familiar with PCs but why would you stray from what works. (This make me a hypocrite' date=' I have an Dell Mini running Leopard)[/quote']

Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from Vista as you possibly can!! About every 10th start-up, it just stalls.

I use Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, xp pro, vista home premium, vista ultimate, windows 7, and tiger on a daily basis, none of them have any problems that would warrant staying "far away". If you are having problems with vista, either read up on your specific issues, or hire someone to fix it. Vista was total crap the first few months, but it is perfectly fine now that it has a few updates, just like every other MS OS has been.

To OP, vista is way too much for your machine to handle very well if at all.

Archived