Gibson Brands Forums

new standard with pics!

BFG 28

Awesome guitar dude! I've had a LP Custom for a long time and just recently got a Standard. My LP Standard is an 05' model that I bought on ebay for $1500 in like new condition. The finish is the discontinued trans black. I wish I knew how to post pics and I would show you my first Standard. As cool as the Standard is, I still like the Custom better. By the way, is that "Everybody Loves Raymond" on the tv in the third picture? lol

So how do you like all the "locking" features? I added straplocks to my Standard and that's all I plan on doing. Otherwise, the guitar is great just the way it is. I did however change the gold top hat knobs to black. I had thought about maybe changing the tuners to some locking grovers, but I want to keep the guitar as original as I can.

thanx for all the complaments everyone, the axe sounds greate its warm and deep but with lots of bite to the tone just the way I like it it is by far the best tone guitar I have ever owned.

hey Deepblue I bought from Long & Mquades here in town.

yeah i love my tv too.:-k

Looks good BFG28. How does the asymmetrical neck feel? I haven't played an '08 LP yet, but I think I would like the feel/playability of the asymmetrical neck. I've got an '07 Standard Lightburst, and I love it. Congratulations! Oh Can a da!

Congrats on your standard Honeyburst ysottot post some pics man.

bigbends the asymetrical neck feels great it fast, comfortable, beefy and fits my hand like glove. play one and i think you will like it.

Archived