Gibson Brands Forums

Issue with volume pots on a Lifeson LP Axcess

PeteD

For no apparent reason the volume pots have no effect on the guitars output if I have a fresh battery installed in the guitar. I am using the normal magnetic pick up output. If I take the battery out and the parts can’t control the volume, but with the battery in the signal just sounds like both pick ups are on 100% and the volume pods have no effect. The guitar is in mint condition and they have been no modifications to the electronics. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this?

35 minutes ago, PeteD said:

For no apparent reason the volume pots have no effect on the guitars output if I have a fresh battery installed in the guitar. I am using the normal magnetic pick up output. If I take the battery out and the parts can’t control the volume, but with the battery in the signal just sounds like both pick ups are on 100% and the volume pods have no effect. The guitar is in mint condition and they have been no modifications to the electronics. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this?

Maybe it has a wiring flaw from the factory? I would need to see a schematic of the guts to suss it out. Do the tone controls work?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

That would be nice. It’s worked perfectly since the day I bought it, this issue just started. I started checking all the connections and it came back to life, so there’s a short or an open somewhere that I need to track down.