Gibson Brands Forums

Are Paul Reed Smiths really worth the money

They will be moving into a much larger factory soon (maybe they already have )

So they will increase output which will soon = lower prices, but the quality may suffer a tad.

I agree, I have played some and wasnt really impressed. They were nice guitars, but id take a Les Paul

any day over a PRS.

I personally don't care for the sound of them, and the feel did not interest me. The SEs are a good guitar for the money, provided you like the sound.

One that impressed me a lot was a Schechter. Not one of the metal guitars. I wish I knew what model it was. It was a $500 guitar at Guitar Center. Great feel. Played great. Sounded great. Too bad I already had a guitar. I would have bought it.

Hardly Known? Yea maybe my mom has never heard of them, but everyone

that I know who plays guitar

knows of them very well. PRS makes a great guitar, some may not like the look or feel, but hey I don't like Fenders or

Ibenez's

but that dose not make them bad or over priced.

I love my PRS se single cut Whale Blue, Its by far the best $500. guitar I have.

I mean Paul Reed Smith are hardly known they are not a big name like Fender or Gibson.

If you are looking for a guitar that is constructed to the highest standards, "fit finish setup" quality woods and playability the PRS is a good one to look into.

Customer support is second to none and they don't get many calls from people *****ing about how their guitar won't stay in tune or why is my nut all buggered up.

Truly excellent guitars, but is a matter of preference. As for me, I never met a guitar I didn't like - I just love to play.

I used to live by the factory when I was stationed at Ft. Meade and now I wished I had paid a visit to the factory.

Archived