Gibson Brands Forums

Here's a Chap Who Knows How to Use His Tone & Volume Controls

IanHenry

Saw him once. He opened for BB. He's good and wants to put his name on everything. I can take about 4 or 5 songs from the modern blues guys and I've had enough.  At least he used his good guitars at gigs.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

I took my Junior DC to band practice last week, most of my guitars have 2 P90's, found that with the single pickup I could quite easily cover the tone ranges I get with 2 pickups by just tweaking the volume and tone. Similar to what Joe was demonstrating, P90's do seem to give more to work with.

Edited by mihcmac

On 1/29/2022 at 9:49 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Saw him once. He opened for BB. He's good and wants to put his name on everything. I can take about 4 or 5 songs from the modern blues guys and I've had enough.  At least he used his good guitars at gigs.

he's a bit more than a blues guy,... 

2 hours ago, Pinch said:

I haven't heard a single song by him, but I like the gear videos. 

here's one from one of the projects he was in a few years ago with Glenn Huges and Jason Bonham

Tell me you're hearing "just another blues guy" after you give this a spin..

Edited by kidblast

6 minutes ago, kidblast said:

LOL  to each his own

So.   not a fan of hard rock, or was it Glenn Hughes?  his voice can get old..

No, nothing to do with the voice but I don't like Hard Rock. The 60's, 70's songs I like and slow blues.  Gregor Hilden is one favorite of mine. 

11 hours ago, Retired said:

No, nothing to do with the voice but I don't like Hard Rock. The 60's, 70's songs I like and slow blues.  Gregor Hilden is one favorite of mine. 

yea,  I get it.  he's got plenty of those. 

if you use spotify or amazon music, just do an Artist search.  Youtube has plenty there too. 

11 hours ago, kidblast said:

LOL  to each his own

So.   not a fan of hard rock, or was it Glenn Hughes?  his voice can get old..

BCC was good. Glenn’s voice gets on my nerves too. I think he said once he snorted Coc off a hookers bum. That’s a true rock star right there.

30 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

BCC was good. Glenn’s voice gets on my nerves too. I think he said once he snorted Coc off a hookers bum. That’s a true rock star right there.

yea.. from what I know and have read about Glenn H that sounds about right...