Gibson Brands Forums

Here's a Chap Who Knows How to Use His Tone & Volume Controls

IanHenry

8 hours ago, kidblast said:

yea,  I get it.  he's got plenty of those. 

if you use spotify or amazon music, just do an Artist search.  Youtube has plenty there too. 

Deb & I went to a concert years back, I thought it was Buddy Guy, He was great. He brought out someone before him which I can't remember his name and he was great except he was way too loud and that spoiled it for me. When they play too darn loud, I'm ready to leave. Plus, I took out my hearing aides and he was still too darn loud. Rob listens to a lot of Blues and the only time I get a chance to just listen to music anymore is when I take Sundance around the lake. I have a library on my phone and play them on the walk.  The only thing, I can't hear a bicycle approaching from behind me when they yell, "On Your Left." Haha.  But Sundance usually warns me by turning around & looking at them. 

Back to the original Thread.. Workin the Knobs is an important part of playing Electric Guitar. Whether you use Pedals or not… Good on Joe for passing that along… Hopefully more Guitar Players will develop this technique.. It really does make you sound better. 

15 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

pedals...?!  cant work them either

No volume/tone control or pedals in my house. I want it louder, I strum harder. I watched The Grateful Dead from my Rockin The Cradle Egypt 1978 CD/DVD set I have. It was not that great as show. You could tell it was 1000 degrees over there. Jerry was playing his Wolf guitar, Bob on that double cut away Ibanez he played back then.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

No volume/tone control or pedals in my house. I want it louder, I strum harder. I watched The Grateful Dead from my Rockin The Cradle Egypt 1978 CD/DVD set I have. It was not that great as show. You could tell it was 1000 degrees over there. Jerry was playing his Wolf guitar, Bob on that double cut away Ibanez he played back then.

Ever see Jerry or Bob use a knob? Phil did, but then he was a graduate.

1 minute ago, merciful-evans said:

Ever see Jerry or Bob use a knob? Phil did, but then he was a graduate.

They used them, but you probably would not want to be in the same room watching what they were doing with their knobs. Or if your a perv maybe you would. Phil was a damn fine bassist.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Pedals meaning Distortion, Fuzz, Delay, Compression, Leslie etc…

No shame in good Technique… Especially if all you got is the Amp & an Electric Guitar.. 

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I got acoustics.

I play Acoustic Electric Guitars too, part of the time, & play them Electric thru Amps.. I also use a Fairly simple Pedal Board.. With Compresser, Boss Fender 63 Reverb, Boss Delay & Keeley 30MS Double Tracker Pedals.. In various combinations on multiple Acoustic Guitars.. On my Gibson J-160E I do use the Volume & Tone knob to affect the Tones & Volumes for different Songs… 

21 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Pedals meaning Distortion, Fuzz, Delay, Compression, Leslie etc…