Gibson Brands Forums

angry vile posting

jvi

6 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I guess I'm not aligned with most here..... I enjoy the posts, good, bad or indifferent.

If someone disagrees with me....fine.... if someone thinks I'm stupid....fine.....

My political beliefs are known to anyone who wants to know.

I've always run counter to 'normal'....my dad used to tell me, "You're deathly afraid of mediocrity"

I suppose he was right.   I like to think outside the box.... no one here offends me in the slightest.

I made a good friend on this forum, who (after maybe 5-6 years) cut me out of his life because of politics....couldn't even tell you where Fred is now.

Have you ever sat down in the same room with these so called friends. I don't understand the I have 2342 Farcebook Friends mentality. Now that being said everyone here I would most certainly have a beer in a bar with or iced tea if that's your thing, but friends, I have never physically  met a single person here. You, me and everyone else are just internet chat buddies. I just coined a new term.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

I need to trade wives. 

I like the meme that shows a husband and wife talking.... wife says, "Now that we're married, you'll need to sell some of your guitars."  

Husband says, "Now you're sounding like my ex-wife."

Wife says, "I didn't know you had a wife before me."

Husband, "I didn't!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Have you ever sat down in the same room with these so called friends. I don't understand the I have 2342 Farcebook Friends mentality. Now that being said everyone here I would most certainly have a beer in a bar with or iced tea if that's your thing, but friends, I have never physically  met a single person here. You, me and everyone else are just internet chat buddies. I just coined a new term.

Fred used to host SANSJAM concert each year at his home....I played there at least 3 times....maybe 4..... stayed in my motor home on his upper lot for weekends.

Met Leslie here....a wonderful lady....bought her Hummingbird 12-String from her.... still communicate with her.

Several other forum members used to play at SANSJAM.... Notehopper for one.... this forum used to be different....but it's still cool.

20 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yes the people leaving Spot have a long and storied careers (I have seen Neil, Bob x3, and CSN x2 all in concert), but would they attract the attention or even get recording contracts today in this day and age? 

Probably not, but from what I hear that's getting the recording contracts this day and age,  I'd point out that it wouldn't mean their music isn't any good.  [wink]

2 hours ago, jvi said:

you are a rude yank wank- I used to come here to talk and your spew did piss me off  so go to hell and the rest of you can have an angry hate life and I guess have fun with your put downs if it makes you feel better (you arnt )  JVI out.

Guy must've thought this was supposed to be like another wimpy dweeb FACEBOOK page.  :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Rabs said:

Really..  You had to have some real thick skin back then I can tell you.

And it's been said that a thick skin is often the best defense against a thick skull.

Whitefang

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Fred used to host SANSJAM concert each year at his home....I played there at least 3 times....maybe 4..... stayed in my motor home on his upper lot for weekends.

Met Leslie here....a wonderful lady....bought her Hummingbird 12-String from her.... still communicate with her.

Several other forum members used to play at SANSJAM.... Notehopper for one.... this forum used to be different....but it's still cool.

That's more that I ever met, which is none.

34 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That's more that I ever met, which is none.

I met a pile of them at the 2007 Homecoming but I think every one of them have moved on since.  Some have joined the choir invisible.  One of them handed me a 1952 D-18 and told me to keep it overnight. Broke my heart. 😄

4 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

I met a pile of them at the 2007 Homecoming but I think every one of them have moved on since.  Some have joined the choir invisible.  One of them handed me a 1952 D-18 and told me to keep it overnight. Broke my heart. 😄

Nice. I played a 70's, I think, D12-28 at Gruhn's. Still can't get that 12 string sound out of my head. My J12-16GT is nice, but it is nothing like that.

A D-18 will do that. I've owned 2, and both were stellar. I've just moved on from Dreads. Great and loud and booming, but I don't need a guitar that big. That being said my D-15M is my beater. That is the only D, I own.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I like the meme that shows a husband and wife talking.... wife says, "Now that we're married, you'll need to sell some of your guitars."  

Husband says, "Now you're sounding like my ex-wife."

Wife says, "I didn't know you had a wife before me."

Husband, "I didn't!"

Haha good one D.

Excellent thread! [laugh]

As Rabs wrote - you should have been here ten years ago.

I can think of one member of this forum (back after a long ban) who has so far - sensibly - kept his powder dry on this one.  Not worth it.

Angry vile posting can generate income for some and cause controversy, so may I just very patronisingly say/write (in the modern idiom) to all of you truly lovely people -

TROLL HOMIES CAN SUCK MY BUTT!

Thanks. 

Edited by jdgm

21 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I am honored that I was probably the reason for the thread.

I believe you.  You’re irritating and funny!  Keep doing what you’re doing!………Everyone is different in some way.  For myself, I just don’t get offended very often by what someone says to me.  I can joke about most everything and I can laugh when the “joke is on me.”  My family is pretty much off-limits, but beyond that I don’t waste time getting offended.  Like many in here, I been around here for more than a few years and I enjoy the often spirited debates and disagreements.   Makes for an interesting forum.  If someone disagrees with my views, that’s fine, but I think it’s sometimes fun to “stir the pot.”  Just don’t takes this kind of stuff too seriously.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MissouriPicker said:

I believe you.  You’re irritating and funny!  Keep doing what you’re doing!………Everyone is different in some way.  For myself, I just don’t get offended very often by what someone says to me.  I can joke about most everything and I can laugh when the “joke is on me.”  My family is pretty much off-limits, but beyond that I don’t waste time getting offended.  Like many in here, I been around here for more than a few years and I enjoy the often spirited debates and disagreements.   Makes for an interesting forum.  If someone disagrees with my views, that’s fine, but I think it’s sometimes fun to “stir the pot.”  Just don’t takes this kind of stuff too seriously.

Absolutely, I know where to draw the line. Peoples family's are off limits. 

On 2/3/2022 at 12:35 AM, jvi said:

too much negativity here- hate this person, hate that one, no good , talentless and on and on and on-  just sayin....anyone agree ?

I don't. I'm here a lot. Why am I missing what you are seeing? 

Yes, I see you spar with Sgt but either of you could stop that today. Only if you let it get to you & let that fester will it become what you have described. 

Pride can self destructive. Overcoming it can be liberating. You have options. Good luck with them whatever you decide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1