Gibson Brands Forums

angry vile posting

jvi

27 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

I don't. I'm here a lot. Why am I missing what you are seeing? 

Yes, I see you spar with Sgt but either of you could stop that today. Only if you let it get to you & let that fester will it become what you have described. 

Pride can self destructive. Overcoming it can be liberating. You have options. Good luck with them whatever you decide.

At least Rudy I know I’m an a-hole and admit it. He comes here to be the PC Police. He comes and searches out my posts to tells me how mean and bad I am. Others see it and say so to him and he thinks they are just taking my side. Like I’ve said before I’ve never physically met or personally know any members other than what they type on a post. I have emailed members and talked on the phone to one. He think I hate Canada. I love it. Went to Vancouver on my honeymoon. I can’t wait till it thaws out up there cause I want to go back to Toronto.

Been trying to learn Ripple. Man Jerry plays a lot of notes and I’m a horrible player to boot.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

A poem, then. 

ANGRY VILE POSTING

Angry vile posting
sure wears me down
giving each other a roasting
and running it into the ground

Angry vile posting
on the other hand
is a boon to web hosting
even if it gets people banned

Because drama can be entertaining
or so I am told
posters fighting, squabbling, and complaining
somehow it never grows old

Angry vile posting
I guess it's just how it is
while the new visitors are ghosting,
please forgive me for boasting,
to all of you I'm toasting,
with this glass of delightful Cristal fizz

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now. 
😔

img3_v2_8.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sparquelito said:

A poem, then. 

ANGRY VILE POSTING

Angry vile posting
sure wears me down
giving each other a roasting
and running it into the ground

Angry vile posting
on the other hand
is a boon to web hosting
even if it gets people banned

Because drama can be entertaining
or so I am told
posters fighting, squabbling, and complaining
somehow it never grows old

Angry vile posting
I guess it's just how it is
while the new visitors are ghosting,
please forgive me for boasting,
to all of you I'm toasting,
with this glass of delightful Cristal fizz

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now. 
😔

img3_v2_8.jpg

You use your  mouth prettier than a .  .  .

P.S. that movie does not get made today in our  ultra PC I’m talking my music off Spotify society.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I don't. I'm here a lot. Why am I missing what you are seeing? 

Yes, I see you spar with Sgt but either of you could stop that today. Only if you let it get to you & let that fester will it become what you have described. 

Pride can self destructive. Overcoming it can be liberating. You have options. Good luck with them whatever you decide.

Lots of wisdom in various posts here, some hidden under veneers of beer...   but this one struck a chord.   I've also found it not just 'liberating'  but energizing when I'm aware enough of what my ego is telling my mind to think - to put the brakes on, and just let it go.  A little more complicated than "Frozen",  but has made it more pleasant in retirement, being under lockdown, etc.  to be able to take a criticism, some passive aggressiveness or worse - and not get 'butt hurt'.  Turn it around and say something nice to the launcher of the barb 5 minutes later.  After awhile - that person realizes they are not getting the hoped for response of a witty, shyte response, and the sun comes out again.    After months of this, it's almost always sunny all day long. 

Not possible here of course, on social media.   So -   All of your mothers wear combat boots !  

• Like 1

You now what I think is angry and vile is that when I sit down with the boys to watch a football game (if you even call it that in Detroit) and I see the "End Racism" stuff painted all over the place, yet I don't have a flipping thing to do with racism...  WTH am I going to do about racism that I already am doing - i.e. not being a hateful racist on a daily basis and respecting people that I encounter that deserve it from me?  Then you find out some of the richest people associated with the NFL are doing racist crap per the fake news networks...  LMFAO!  What  bunch of garbage.  Here's an idea, stop talking about racism!  NFL is so garbage bag...  Yet we can't talk about "bad" angry, vile stuff...  Nature is not forgiving and teaches its students some "cruel" lessons.  I must be a sad person though because I get "angry and vile".  Maybe the PC world wants me to kiss some butts.  Maybe they think I owe something to the "less fortunate"... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

You now what I think is angry and vile is that when I sit down with the boys to watch a football game (if you even call it that in Detroit) and I see the "End Racism" stuff painted all over the place, yet I don't have a flipping thing to do with racism...  WTH am I going to do about racism that I already am doing - i.e. not being a hateful racist on a daily basis and respecting people that I encounter that deserve it from me?  Then you find out some of the richest people associated with the NFL are doing racist crap per the fake news networks...  LMFAO!  What  bunch of garbage.  Here's an idea, stop talking about racism!  NFL is so garbage bag...  Yet we can't talk about "bad" angry, vile stuff...  Nature is not forgiving and teaches its students some "cruel" lessons.  I must be a sad person though because I get "angry and vile".  Maybe the PC world wants me to kiss some butts.  Maybe they think I owe something to the "less fortunate"... 

Yeah.   I get especially offended by a particular ad by a group called  "The AD Council"  which does what you describe.   Googled them. Just a small bunch of activists who figured out a way to get rich by fronting for smaller activist groups to produce TV ads for them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yeah.   I get especially offended by a particular ad by a group called  "The AD Council"  which does what you describe.   Googled them. Just a small bunch of activists who figured out a way to get rich by fronting for smaller activist groups to produce TV ads for them. 

Yes!  The name of the game is exploitation for wealth.  How ironic, don't you say...  It's almost analogous to masochism - the people who buy into that crap. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

@jvi and the NFL is not one of those "people" that want racism to end.  it always comes down to dollars and cents.  God, you are such a condescending presence here! 

we all should be trying to stop all the BS poor me name calling victim stuff, and like many mothers have said "if you aint got nuttin nice to say... yet around here and the world too many people focus on anger and we are worse for it-its now everywhere....its not ok...

59 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

It makes all the rich white owners feel good to think they are making a difference. 

• Haha 1

Just now, jvi said:

we all should be trying to stop all the BS poor me name calling victim stuff, and like many mothers have said "if you aint got nuttin nice to say... yet around here and the world too many people focus on anger and we are worse for it-its now everywhere....its not ok...

ya know, I agree.

Social media outlets, and this is one of them, are the source that generates almost all the negativity.  Not so much these kind of forums, but just look at the cesspool facebook is

But it's also in the ranks of the media, 

It really IS everywhere and, that's right..  it is not ok.

2 minutes ago, jvi said:

@jvi, I'm a good person and I don't need to worry about anything other than being a good person.  I don't need anyone else telling me how to be one.  That's my other point to make here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, jvi said:

racism is the problem  not people who want it to stop....

Now I'm not gonna be mean or nasty just ask a question. How do we stop it? It has been around since the dawn of time. Wars have been fought over it. Look a the Middle East they go to war over religion. 

So give us a manifesto on how to end it and we can start to end what no one else has.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kidblast said:

Brian Flores is about to take them on..  We'll see how that goes, but I'm rooting for Flores. 

(1) brian flores lawsuit - Search (bing.com)

He implicated Gruden. Gruden is not in the league anymore, so what are you going to do to a guy who has already been sent packing?

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Now I'm not gonna be mean or nasty just post a question. How do we stop it? It has been around since the dawn of time. Wars have been fought over it. Look a the Middle East they go to war over religion. 

So give us a manifesto on how to end it and we can start to end what no one else has.

it wont end,  there are too many people who are profiting from keeping it going.

if there was no racism in America, how would guys Al Sharpton , Jessie Jackson, BLM ever make a living??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Now I'm not gonna be mean or nasty just ask a question. How do we stop it? It has been around since the dawn of time. Wars have been fought over it. Look a the Middle East they go to war over religion. 

we can TRY to stop it by being nice and not focusing  on the negative and teach our children tolerance, in a few generations with luck progress will come

• Like 2

Just now, jvi said:

we can TRY to stop it by being nice and not focusing  on the negative and teach our children tolerance, in a few generations with luck progress will come

Its 2022 and I am sure people have done that, and has it worked. Racism will never end. When it comes down to it everyone doesn't like some thing or someone its how we are. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, kidblast said:

it wont end,  there are too many people who are profiting from keeping it going.

if there was no racism in America, how would guys Al Sharpton , Jessie Jackson, BLM ever make a living??

I didn't know BLM was a guy, but I getcha.   And that's the point I was making earlier up there.

Sharpton and Jackson were already making livings as preachers, but nobody ever heard of them outside of their congregations until they started showing up at times to protest some racial motivated crime or police action.

I can't fault them for that, as it needed to be addressed.  But it led Jackson to be considered as a potential presidential candidate some years back, and netted Sharpton a lucrative job at MSNBC.  

Whitefang

• Like 1