Gibson Brands Forums

Cases - Post Yours, this is for rct

Sgt. Pepper

Calton, 80s vintage -

Calton3.jpg

Calton1.jpg

Generic tweed for MIJ 80s Strat, think this is 80s too -

Tweed-Case1.jpg

Gator case holds Vintage V100 PGM.  Amazingly good guitar for the money (it was under £400 in 2018), no weight relief, P Green-style wiring and neck pickup, top is a veneer.  I had to replace the tuning machines though, and got a good set-up.  Gator LP-style case was excellent s/h bargain.

Vintage2.jpg

[cool]

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1

My 2019 Fender Deluxe Strat Case for my Ibanez.. Oh I bought it used on a COVID sale for $75 from someone trying to get off the island.

oN51mxp.jpg

A few years ago I found a site selling these Glarry LP cases total cost delivered for $45, they turned out to be nice sturdy plush cases so I eventually bought 6 of them, I still have 2 and they are holding up quite well.

KNR3yd3.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Here are mine. Possibly one of the stickers on the case,  you might have seen one of those bands live.

wzY12FQ.jpg

Chief,

Your guitar cases remind me or our 12 year-old Grand-daughter's guitar.

When I took her to buy an electric guitar, I asked her if perhaps she'd like a Gretsch Country Gentleman, Gibson ES 335, or Gibson Les Paul.

She replied, " A blue one with sparkles."

So I got her a sparkly blue Squier Mustang, which she has covered in stickers and has been using for the last three years. 

When you come to Toronto, bring a guitar, and if you'd like, I'll get her to decorate it for you.

Whatcha think?

RBSinTo

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Chief,

When I took her to buy an electric guitar, I asked her if perhaps she'd like a Gretsch Country Gentleman, Gibson ES 335, or Gibson Les Paul.

So I got her a sparkly blue Squier Mustang, which she has covered in stickers and has been using for the last three years. 

When you come to Toronto, bring a guitar, and if you'd like, I'll get her to decorate it for you.

Whatcha think?

RBSinTo

Cases are for stickers not guitars.

6 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Chief,

Whatcha think?

RBSinTo

Was there any doubt it wasn't going to be the blue one with sparkles? 

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Was there any doubt it wasn't going to be the blue one with sparkles? 

Chief,

Nope.

She started her lessons ( which I sponsor and attend) at seven and was playing a half-sized Yamaha acoustic dreadnought. One day her teacher was using a Stratocaster or somesuch, and when she showed interest in it, he traded guitars with her. Of course, then she wanted an electric guitar, so I decided to get her one for Christmas/birthday which fall close together.

We visited Cosmo Music which has a huge, very impressive two story high wall-o-guitars, and I asked a sales person to point out the inexpensive, small, electrics suitable for a child. This was when I asked her would she like a Gretsch, Fender, or Gibson ?

When she simply replied "A blue one with sparkles", the salesman and I both had a good laugh. Luckily, the Squier came in blue with sparkles, and the salesman was kind enough to squirrel one away for me so I could grab it on Black Friday.

Does Gibson make a j-45 in blue with sparkles?

Just wondering.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

2 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Chief,

Nope.

She started her lessons ( which I sponsor and attend) at seven and was playing a half-sized Yamaha acoustic dreadnought. One day her teacher was using a 

Stratocaster or somesuch, and when she showed interest in it, he traded guitars with her. Of course, then she wanted an electric guitar, so I decided to get her one for Christmas/birthday which fall close together.

We visited Cosmo Music which has a huge, very impressive two story high wall-o-guitars, and I asked a sales person to point out the inexpensive, small, electrics suitable for a child. This was when I asked her would she like a Gretsch, Fender, or Gibson ?

When she simply replied "A blue one with sparkles", the salesman and I both had a good laugh. Luckily, the Squier came in blue with sparkles, and the salesman was kind enough to squirrel one away for me so I could grab it on Black Friday.

Does Gibson make a j-45 in blue with sparkles?

Just wondering.

RBSinTo

They used to make a neon green  one and a pink one, and a blue one but sans sparkles.