Gibson Brands Forums

Cases - Post Yours, this is for rct

Sgt. Pepper

24 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

RBS -   if  you don't mind jangly along with sparkly -  Taylor has one for you.  Can't tell if it's blue.   

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/forum/182000/182633_1339209824467_full.jpg

fyp.,

Looks like it would fill the bill.

Jangley-schmangley, it's blue with sparkles.

What else could a girl ask for?

If you happen to see our Grand-daughter, I'd appreciate if you didn't mention this Taylor to her. The Lovely Missus RBSinTo would kill me if I bought our Grandchild another guitar.

RBSinTo

1 hour ago, RBSinTo said:

fyp.,

Looks like it would fill the bill.

Jangley-schmangley, it's blue with sparkles.

What else could a girl ask for?

If you happen to see our Grand-daughter, I'd appreciate if you didn't mention this Taylor to her. The Lovely Missus RBSinTo would kill me if I bought our Grandchild another guitar.

RBSinTo

Understood. Mums the word.  I started giving our 8 yo granddaughter weekly lessons a month ago.  Had been randomly giving her 'lessons' on a uke.   I know full well she would rather have a guitar with pictures of kittens on it than any of mine.   As long as they stay motivate until they get to the point they love it enough to 'self-motivate'  - right?   

36 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Well maybe Uncle Chief can buy it for her.

RBSinTo

If you think one day she might be a Canadian Astronaut there is this gem from Martin:

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/00L-Earth.html?cgid=guitars

And if she gets into watch and clock making there is this treasure:

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/D-200-Deluxe.html?cgid=guitars

And lastly since Canada is very cold right now there is this. They took a cue from Gibson's p/g's and made it all pretty:

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/custom-special-editions/Bentley-Snowflake-First-Edition.html?cgid=limited-and-special-edition-guitars

Just have her pick one out and send me the bill. The only Martin's that interest me that I don't have are the M-36, 000-28EC, 000-42 and 0-18. Of the 3 the 000-42 is a pipe dream.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Understood. Mums the word.  I started giving our 8 yo granddaughter weekly lessons a month ago.  Had been randomly giving her 'lessons' on a uke.   I know full well she would rather have a guitar with pictures of kittens on it than any of mine.   As long as they stay motivate until they get to the point they love it enough to 'self-motivate'  - right?   

Exactly.

Our Grand-daughter has some behavioral issues and a learning disability as well, so anything that keeps her interested in continuing the lessons including a blue guitar with sparkles and stickers is a small price to pay.

Her eight year-old sister wanted to learn a musical instrument as well, about a year ago. I signed her up for piano, and about six months ago, she wanted to also play the guitar. Her older sister was incensed because she "Is the guitar player in the family", so after much negotiations the younger one agreed to play the ukelele, and now takes lessons on the two instruments.

The girls love the lessons, I get to spend special time with them, and as a bonus, their classes eat up time that otherwise would be wasted staring at screens. All good, and they'll have skills that will serve them all their lives.

RBSinTo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

If you think one day she might be a Canadian Astronaut there is this gem from Martin:

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/00L-Earth.html?cgid=guitars

And if she gets into watch and clock making there is this treasure:

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/D-200-Deluxe.html?cgid=guitars

And lastly since Canada is very cold right now there is this. They took a cue from Gibson's p/g's and made it all pretty:

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/custom-special-editions/Bentley-Snowflake-First-Edition.html?cgid=limited-and-special-edition-guitars

Just have her pick one out and send me the bill. The only Martin's that interest me that I don't have are the M-36, 000-28EC, 000-42 and 0-18. Of the 3 the 000-42 is a pipe dream.

Chief,

Will you be sending her an etransfer, or just mailing an envelope of crisp twenties?

The Twelfth Fret has a 000-42 in stock. $8,050.00 CDN. Maybe you should spend the money on yourself, instead of our Grand-daughter. I'm sure she'll understand.

RBSinTo

I played a M-36 today in a store called Authentic Guitars. That thing was killer. The only other one I played was in California. I would entertain selling my 00-28 and 00-18 to get one. It had one major flaw as it had electronics installed, and that is a deal breaker. This one was brand new, and if I got one it would be used. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I played a M-36 today in a store called Authentic Guitars. That thing was killer. The only other one I played was in California. I would entertain selling my 00-28 and 00-18 to get one. It had one major flaw as it had electronics installed, and that is a deal breaker. This one was brand new, and if I got one it would be used. 

Chief,

When you come up to Toronto, you should make a pilgrimage to The Twelfth Fret. They seem to have many of the drool-worthy Martins you lust after.

They've got an M-36 in addition to the 000-36 that you have the hots for, and their blue with sparkles inventory has recently been expanded as well.

Visit their site, the others you want may also be in stock.

RBSinTo

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

They come in great cases you know.

rct

20 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Exactly.

Our Grand-daughter has some behavioral issues and a learning disability as well, so anything that keeps her interested in continuing the lessons including a blue guitar with sparkles and stickers is a small price to pay.

Her eight year-old sister wanted to learn a musical instrument as well, about a year ago. I signed her up for piano, and about six months ago, she wanted to also play the guitar. Her older sister was incensed because she "Is the guitar player in the family", so after much negotiations the younger one agreed to play the ukelele, and now takes lessons on the two instruments.

The girls love the lessons, I get to spend special time with them, and as a bonus, their classes eat up time that otherwise would be wasted staring at screens. All good, and they'll have skills that will serve them all their lives.

RBSinTo

RBS...   When our first grandchild was around 10, he wanted guitar lessons...  but after a few months he found it was too difficult, didn't practice.  We both agreed to end them.  Four or 5 years later he wanted them again.  He practiced hard and  loved it.  Became pretty good.  A very shy, homeschooled person - I got him to sing after a bit along with his playing.  "Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown" - he would't say  'damn'  just  in the whole darn town' .  But, he later had a major medical issue  surgery, which affected his ability to play (hands, fingers, control)  and stopped around 3 years ago.  I hope someday he takes it up again.  We got him a nice Cordoba uke to encourage him - but he never picked it up.    I told him several times when he was doing well and enjoying it -  "Some day, some days - you will find your guitar is your best friend."   I hope that day comes soon. He's 21 now.   So.... keep at it for both sisters.   You can never tell how it will turn out. 

12 hours ago, Retired said:

I only have the one Gibson case which is nice but nothing that is going to drop RCT's jaw open Lol.  The other one is a cheap acoustic case for a Oscar Schmidt. I keep my Yamaha 12 string in it. 

This might drop his jaw.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

RBS...   When our first grandchild was around 10, he wanted guitar lessons...  but after a few months he found it was too difficult, didn't practice.  We both agreed to end them.  Four or 5 years later he wanted them again.  He practiced hard and  loved it.  Became pretty good.  A very shy, homeschooled person - I got him to sing after a bit along with his playing.  "Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown" - he would't say  'damn'  just  in the whole darn town' .  But, he later had a major medical issue  surgery, which affected his ability to play (hands, fingers, control)  and stopped around 3 years ago.  I hope someday he takes it up again.  We got him a nice Cordoba uke to encourage him - but he never picked it up.    I told him several times when he was doing well and enjoying it -  "Some day, some days - you will find your guitar is your best friend."   I hope that day comes soon. He's 21 now.   So.... keep at it for both sisters.   You can never tell how it will turn out. 

fyp.,

I hope your Grandson picks it up again. There are so many good things that come from playing a musical instrument and the benefits last a lifetime.

Our Granddaughters get their lessons from two excellent teachers, especially the one who teaches them guitar and ukelele.

He is a professional muscian who plays in a number of different genre groups, as well as composing and producing music for others.

During the Covid shutdown, when in-person lessons were cancelled and  the girls took them on-line, I arranged with him to take the girls to his home/ studio instead.

As he always does everything he can to encourage his pupils to share his love of music, he decided to have them both play and sing, and over the course of two lessons each he recorded them and produced wonderful recordings. 

They are currently working on two more songs and hope to record them as well. 

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo
  • Like 1

All complaints about this poetry should be addressed to sparquelito at the

"A poem for you this dark evening" thread.

RBS's grand-daughter knew,

The best guitars are sparkley blue.

No others it seems,

Would fulfill her dreams,

So he'll buy her 

A sparkley blue one or two.

RBSinTo

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 9:37 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Cool. I'd love to try one of those out

th?id=OIP.Akn4FFv3BJrj4SsUXiCoNQHaE8%26p

P1050629.jpg

P1050631.jpg

This banjo was my fathers - must be nearly 100 yrs old - I don't know if it's a ukele banjo or a tenor - think I definitely have the wrong strings on it.  I got the chromed steel rim replaced by Knight Guitars a decade or more back.  I was amazed he knew where to find one as there are many different sizes.

P1050634.jpg

P1050637.jpg

P1050635.jpg

Edited by jdgm

Closer up on the 8-string ukelele......don't ask me; again this was my fathers.  Beautiful mahogany.  I can't work out what strings you would put at the bridge.  Octave up or down?  The builder obviously decided the downward pressure  of the main 4 strings would counter the bridge lifting...? :-k      Near-impossible to tune anyway.

P1050645.jpg

P1050644.jpg

P1050640.jpg

Edited by jdgm