Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J200

charper

5 hours ago, Larsongs said:

The first time I saw the King of Rock N Roll play a J-200 was when I was a little kid & saw this movie…. “King Creole” the next one was “Loving You”……..

Before the SJ-200 he played a Maton jumbo from Australia in 'Jailhouse Rock'.

ecdsdbMh.jpg

When I was a young guy I worked part time after School at a Music Store in Downtown Palm Springs, Ca. “The Music Machine” was the name of the Store. It was owned by 50’s Rockabilly Hall Of Fame Member Jody Reynolds best known for his Hit Record “Endless Sleep”.

Elvis, Jody & other Artist played the Chitlin Circuit in the early days.  Jody & Elvis became lifelong friends & would get together when he was in Palm Springs. Elvis’ Honeymoon House in Palm Springs was about a mile from the Store.

When Elvis was in town Jody would supply all the Gear Elvis wanted for his Jam Sessions.. Elvis’ guys would come to the Store & pick out whatever Elvis wanted.. Jody instructed me to give them Carte Blanche & just write down all the Gear.. Elvis always ended up buying what ever they took.

Jody would attend the Jam Sessions from time to time.. I always wanted to go but never got invited.. Although, Elvis would play Jody’s D-35.. Later my, now, wife bought Jody’s D-35 for my Birthday.. I still have it.. It’s Priceless to me..

Edited by Larsongs

Here is a pristine J200 at probably the best price you will find anywhere.  Ron will ship it to you and if you are outside of North Carolina I believe there will be no sales tax.  

2018 Gibson SJ-200 Sunburst From Ron's Pickin' Parlor (ronspickinparlor.com)

The guitar was built in Bozeman in 2018.  I bought it new in 2019 and traded to Ron in 2020.  I never gigged it, it was only out of my house once for a trip to a recording studio.  It is a wonderfully mellow sounding guitar with a Baggs Anthem pickup system and beautiful burst.  I just couldn't get along with the long scale neck and jumbo body so traded it to Ron.

Ron is a great guy but his shop is very out of the way and he is up in bluegrass country.  He sells mostly Martin and Collings guitars as well as banjos and fiddles.  So the people that come into his shop just aren't thinking about buying a Gibson.  This is probably the best kept secret in the country, the guitar is like new and a very reasonable price.  If you are serious about wanting one you shouldn't pass this one by.

36 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

Here is a pristine J200 at probably the best price you will find anywhere.  Ron will ship it to you and if you are outside of North Carolina I believe there will be no sales tax.  

2018 Gibson SJ-200 Sunburst From Ron's Pickin' Parlor (ronspickinparlor.com)

The guitar was built in Bozeman in 2018.  I bought it new in 2019 and traded to Ron in 2020.  I never gigged it, it was only out of my house once for a trip to a recording studio.  It is a wonderfully mellow sounding guitar with a Baggs Anthem pickup system and beautiful burst.  I just couldn't get along with the long scale neck and jumbo body so traded it to Ron.

Ron is a great guy but his shop is very out of the way and he is up in bluegrass country.  He sells mostly Martin and Collings guitars as well as banjos and fiddles.  So the people that come into his shop just aren't thinking about buying a Gibson.  This is probably the best kept secret in the country, the guitar is like new and a very reasonable price.  If you are serious about wanting one you shouldn't pass this one by.

The Standard I had was a 2018, too. I had almost forgotten how bright that rear burst was until I saw those pics.

87zxRIE.jpg