Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Opps I did it again

Rabs

As some of you may have seen from previous posts in other threads.. I have been eyeing up a guitar for a couple of months now... Its an unusual guitar in the fact it has P90s rather than humbuckers.. You really dont see many like this.. If any others are even out there.. Its apparently a made 2 measure guitar.. 

From what I can tell so far its a standard 336 but with P90s and no pickguard (which very much suits me).

Also it was advertised as a 2010 model which I knew it wasnt.. From the pictures I saw on the internet it looked like the serial started with an 8.. So I thought its a 2008/2018 model.. 

Whats odd is it came with its QC document so you think the seller/shop would have twigged on and to my pleasant surprise  actually its a 2016.. And in looking very much closer the first number is a 6 not an 8 it has dark grain around it and was really hard to tell even in person.

So here you go.. I present my new 2016 CS 336 F with P90s  😄 

3VzgS9O.jpg

LmtDXmj.jpg

3nBy1VS.jpg

mYD7xWd.jpg

WJ8XbVU.jpg

OxaLVAD.jpg

ArmgPUl.jpg

y4016DJ.jpg

5g5YyVP.jpg

Now I just have to really hope I never find one with mini humbuckers   😄 

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, jdgm said:

The more I look at it...love P90s [love]

They make a nice pair.  Am going to have to visit sometime......[cool]

Exactly.. When I first saw it, it caught my eye.. Every time I looked at it after that I just wanted it more. It was inevitable really  🙂  

And as you said, its always a good investment as in it wont go down in value...  And I got it for a good price too.. It was weird. I first saw it on Reverb but then also on Ebay..  It was £2845. I was going to offer £2700..  Then I got an ebay offer for a discount to £2650 (inc shipping)..  At which point I had too...

And to be honest it made me very wary of what I was getting.. Why had no one else bought it..  But everything seems ligit..  I did have a panic moment as I thought the serial started with an 8... When I looked at the certificate and QC sheet it started with a 6.... But then I realised it was actually a 6..  Check...

u23uQTd.jpg 

And this was their picture

Gibson Custom Shop ‘Made 2 Measure’ 2010 CS336 Vintage Dark Burst image 9

• Like 1

Yes I would have thought that was an '8' too from their pic.

No matter.  It looks fantastic and I bet it is!

The same thing happened with me and the ES 139, I got an offer I just couldn't refuse....so I jumped at it. [thumbup]

Edited by jdgm

Thanks everyone, I am really chuffed with it...  Sadly its a bit late now to start being loud.. But I will be having a good go at it very soon you can be sure of that.. [thumbup]

Also I dont think its a bad idea to give the guitar a short time to settle..  It was very cold when I got it..

Edited by Rabs

Congratulations Rabs, so happy for you.  I know you love P-90s so you have certainly found your ultimate guitar - a 336 with P-90s, incredible.  And a one off made to order as well.  I'd say it is worth a lot more than you paid for it.  Probably the reason others weren't bidding on it, or that it hadn't sold is that they are so few and far between that nobody really knew what it was.

That mahogany body is to die for.  If I owned it, anytime it was out on a stand it would have the back facing out so I could see it🤩

• Thanks 1

As it turns out there is sort of a mini humbucker version  😄    Not that I have any interest in buying one or that there are any for sale..

Its the ES 390...  Small body, fully hollow and slim neck...  It is very appealing to me though...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabs said:

As it turns out there is sort of a mini humbucker version  😄    Not that I have any interest in buying one or that there are any for sale..

Its the ES 390...  Small body, fully hollow and slim neck...  It is very appealing to me though...

(... EDITED for brevity...)

Oh wow, great sounding guitar, and this guy is incredibly good at playing! 😁