Gibson Brands Forums

Slash anyone?

Californiaman

I went to see Slash with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators.

What a great show.  Of course it's always better when you're in Row 8 Center Stage.

Slash and the boys put on a groovy rock-n-roll assault last night.  Of course the Gibson brand was prominently featured throughout the 21-song set.  I saw the AFD Les Paul, the new Red Slash sig, a beautiful R8 or 9, his signature ES-1275, a gold-top Les Paul, and a gold-top destroyer.  I think the only Gibson guitar I didn't get a picture of was the flying V.  Regardless.  That band can bring it.  Straight up, rock-n-roll with a serious groove to boot.

And regarding the new red Slash Signature Les Paul, Norman from Norman's Rare Guitars ('cause I stopped in on my way down to the show) told me that that guitar is flying out of his store. Complete with the case candy, it makes for a real nice package.🤔

The Band played the following:

Driving Rain

My Antidote

Shots Fired

See You Right

Back From Cali

Bad Rain

River is Rising

Whatever Gets You By

Always on the Run

No More Heros

Speed Parade

Actions Speak Louder

Fill My World

One You Loved is Gone

Call Off the Dogs

Dr. Alibi

Rocket Man

Nothing to Say

You're a Lie

World on Fire

Anastasia

Pictures will come later.

But did any of you LA cats and kittens get to check out the show?

Edited by Californiaman
  • Like 1

He gets somewhere between five(5) and ten(10) percent of dealer cost per signature guitar.  He gets service the rest of us can only dream of.  If he breaks the neck on Guitar A while in Town B, there will be another waiting for him at Town C.  He pays just under dealer cost for whatever he buys, some get slightly better costs.  In return he does an agreed upon amount of advertising for them, which is really for both parties, and he controls the guitars he is photographed using.  Some people, like Eric Clapton, can be photographed using pretty much whatever they use, others can not.

Both parties make a little something, neither is getting rich off any of this stuff.  Both parties suffer the problems of each other until their agreement runs out.  If it all goes well they have at minimum a joint advertising advantage and he ends up with a few more guitars he doesn't need, for cheap compared to what we pay.

rct

It's great that he has put 'Always on the Run' in the setlist. Always loved that song. The one he did with MJ 'Give into Me' would be a nice addition too as I was listening to that just the other day. I've only seen Slash once and that was back into 2005 when Velvet Revolver came to Manchester here in the UK. Wish I'd have seen GN'R in 1993 when they came to Milton Keynes, but I was too young (even though I was a big fan at the time). The stuff he's done with Miles is really good. My favourite of his solo records is still 'It's Five O' Clock Somewhere...one of the best albums ever IMO. 

Edited by cody78

4 hours ago, rct said:

He gets somewhere between five(5) and ten(10) percent of dealer cost per signature guitar.  He gets service the rest of us can only dream of.  If he breaks the neck on Guitar A while in Town B, there will be another waiting for him at Town C.  He pays just under dealer cost for whatever he buys, some get slightly better costs.  In return he does an agreed upon amount of advertising for them, which is really for both parties, and he controls the guitars he is photographed using.  Some people, like Eric Clapton, can be photographed using pretty much whatever they use, others can not.

Both parties make a little something, neither is getting rich off any of this stuff.  Both parties suffer the problems of each other until their agreement runs out.  If it all goes well they have at minimum a joint advertising advantage and he ends up with a few more guitars he doesn't need, for cheap compared to what we pay.

rct

He currently has 5 Gibson's with his name on it. The 3 are $3299, one is $3499 and one is $12999. I thought he had a ESD-1275 with his name on it or they are all gone? So if he makes 10%  per sale as rct says - $329, $349 or $1299 on the sale of each one. Half of that at 5%, if my math is correct. The limited run of the LP's with #4 on them at 250 made, times $349 is $87,250 at 10%. That is just one of the ones with his name on it.  Not to shabby to have a picture of your mug taken and play a guitar that cost you much less that us schmucks would pay. I love the fact he saved Gibson and didn't do it with a Gibson. How fitting is that?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He currently has 5 Gibson's with his name on it. The 3 are $3299, one is $3499 and one is $12999. I thought he had a ESD-1275 with his name on it or they are all gone? So if he makes 10%  per sale as rct says - $329, $349 or $1299 on the sale of each one. Half of that at 5%, if my math is correct. The limited run of the LP's with #4 on them at 250 made, times $349 is $87,250 at 10%. That is just one of the ones with his name on it.  Not to shabby to have a picture of your mug taken and play a guitar that cost you much less that us schmucks would pay. I love the fact he saved Gibson and didn't do it with a Gibson. How fitting is that?

I even put it in italics.  Dealer Cost.  That price is determined by a few things, including how many that dealer can move and how many they've committed to moving.  Cut all of your math in half, a good guess starting point.

rct

43 minutes ago, rct said:

I even put it in italics.  Dealer Cost.  That price is determined by a few things, including how many that dealer can move and how many they've committed to moving.  Cut all of your math in half, a good guess starting point.

rct

Yeah, but half, at 5%, and if he gets a piece of the Epi's he's got his name on too, not to bad for wearing a top hat and getting to do, what you have been doing since you made it big.

Okay now here is another question. When are they considered sold? When Gibson ships them to say Sweetwater, Sam Ash ect, or when the brick and mortar stores actually sell them?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

20 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah, but half, at 5%, and if he gets a piece of the Epi's he's got his name on too, not to bad for wearing a top hat and getting to do, what you have been doing since you made it big.

Okay now here is another question. When are they considered sold? When Gibson ships them to say Sweetwater, Sam Ash ect, or when the brick and mortar stores actually sell them?

Sold when they are bought by a dealer.  Gibson is finished with them when they are on the truck and the check is on the way to the bank.

rct

Can someone remind me how to put a few pictures into this post?  Obviously what ever I'm doing isn't working.  A little help would be appreciated.

Thanks Rabs, but what ever I'm doing is not working for me tonight.

1a41v9Nm.jpg

Edited by Californiaman
A little help please

4 hours ago, Californiaman said:

Can someone remind me how to put a few pictures into this post?  Obviously what ever I'm doing isn't working.  A little help would be appreciated.

Thanks Rabs, but what ever I'm doing is not working for me tonight.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1a41v9Nm.jpg[/img]

1a41v9Nm.jpg

Just copy and paste the URL like Rabs said.

6 hours ago, Californiaman said:

Can someone remind me how to put a few pictures into this post?  Obviously what ever I'm doing isn't working.  

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1a41v9Nm.jpg[/img]

When you cut and paste delete the [img]  and  [/img] and hit enter.

Voila

1a41v9Nm.jpg