Gibson Brands Forums

Excellent Custom Service

Sgt. Pepper

I have six of the sets of hydration packs for my acoustics and today I took every guitar out and changed all three of the packs in all my cases. Weather you get the Boveda ones or D'addario, they are all made by Boveda. When I opened the 3rd pack (which was a Boveda one) I knew something was not right as my hand felt slimly when I reached in to take them out. I had both Bodeda and D'ad packs. Some how the packs leaked in the sealed bag and there was no visible puncture on the bag. Got on line with Boveda, and they are sending me replacements. All I had to do was send them a pic of the barcode and expiration date on one of the packs. The packs had a date of expiration in 2024. That's how ya do it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Is there even a remote chance that an intergalactic meteor struck your guitar, and an alien life form, The Blob, emerged into your Boveda desiccant pack? 

And you pulled it out right before it became sentient, and spared yourself, and the entire community from a horrible, monstrous end?

Just thinking out loud. 

😬

i282037939699907022._rsw480h360_szw480h3

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Is there even a remote chance that an intergalactic meteor struck your guitar, and an alien life form, The Blob, emerged into your Boveda desiccant pack? 

And you pulled it out right before it became sentient, and spared yourself, and the entire community from a horrible, monstrous end?

Just thinking out loud. 

😬

Sparquelito,

You really have to stop wrapping the guitar strap around your neck.

It's cutting off the supply of Oxygen to your brain, resulting in even more muddled thoughts than usual.

RBSinTo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Just thinking out loud. 

😬

lol, could happen ... 😆

• Like 1

About year and a half ago I was using the old style one pouch holder system, called D and mentioned the new models held 2 paks, they then sent me a new 2 bag holder system  with refills and  no charge,  so , yes , hold on, I agree with the OP. great service from those folks.

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

skid marks

25 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

There in my undies. Now we have.

To digress more, back in the "day" the band I was in changed it's name on a monthly to bi-weekly basis.  So we had many names over a two year period, and for kicks, "Skidmark" was one of them.  [wink]

Whitefang

51 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

To digress more, back in the "day" the band I was in changed it's name on a monthly to bi-weekly basis.  So we had many names over a two year period, and for kicks, "Skidmark" was one of them.  [wink]

Whitefang

Smegma Picnic is a good one.

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Whitefang

My bro inlaws were in a band named Skidmark as well.  too funny

43 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Smegma Picnic is a good one.

OH! I Like that!  

how about Spooge and the Del Tones?

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 12:20 PM, kidblast said:

My bro inlaws were in a band named Skidmark as well.  too funny

OH! I Like that!  

how about Spooge and the Del Tones?

Another of our many names was based on what one of our player's older brother called that six week wait time after his wife had their baby.  It was tantamount to her being on a six week period.  he called it (and a pun on a popular phrase used on a brand of sinus decongestant)  "post-natal drip".  Thus the name.....   

Whitefang

On 2/21/2022 at 7:52 PM, sparquelito said:

Just thinking out loud. 

😬

Happens all the time around here!,