Gibson Brands Forums

Paul McCartney Tour 2022

saturn

So Sir Paul is playing 14 dates in the US. I notice he's taking plenty of time between shows except May 2 and 3. Baltimore is second to last stop at Camden Yards. I doubt I'll go. I have some friends that say they are getting tickets. They go on sale Friday. Who knows? Maybe I'll try to get a pair for wife and I. I wouldn't mind just being able to say "I saw Paul McCartney". Plus it's only the second concert ever at Camden Yards after Billy Joel played a few years ago.

TOUR DATES:

Thursday 28 April - Spokane,WA - Spokane Arena
Monday 2 May - Seattle,WA 
- Climate Pledge Arena
Tuesday 3 May - 
Seattle,WA - Climate Pledge Arena
Friday 6 May - Oakland,CA - Oakland Arena 
Friday 13 May - 
Los Angeles,CA SoFi Stadium 
Tuesday 17 May - Fort Worth,TX 
- Dickies Arena
Saturday 21 May - Winston Salem,NC
 - Truist Field
Wednesday 25 May - Hollywood,FL 
- Hard Rock Live
Saturday 28 May - Orlando,FL 
- Camping World Stadium 
Tuesday 31 May - Knoxville,TN
 - Thompson Boling Arena
Saturday 4 June - Syracuse,NY
 - Carrier Dome
Tuesday 7 June - Boston,MA
 - Fenway Park
Sunday 12 June - Baltimore,MD
 - Oriole Park
Thursday 16 June - East Rutherford,NJ- Met Life Stadium

https://www.paulmccartney.com/

Edited by saturn

1.  I saw Paul McCartney.  See?  It's easy to say.  Hell, I could probably say it all day.  [wink]

2.  Ticket cost?  Well, like the old saying goes....  "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."   And knowing "Sir Paul", the cost is probably equal to many people's car or house payments.

Whitefang

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

1.  I saw Paul McCartney.  See?  It's easy to say.  Hell, I could probably say it all day.  [wink]

2.  Ticket cost?  Well, like the old saying goes....  "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."   And knowing "Sir Paul", the cost is probably equal to many people's car or house payments.

Whitefang

I can afford it, I'm sure I don't want to pay for it, and in an outdoor baseball stadium or a college football field. 

I saw him in 2017 and paid about $150 for two tickets. We were basically in line with the front of the stage and very high up. The only time we saw him in person, rather than on a screen, was when he walked out onto the short catwalk.

This time, I spent about $600 for two tickets. I'm still far from the stage, but this time I have a straight-on view. I had really built up how much they would cost, and was surprised that floor seats near the mixing board were "only" about $400.

My only complaint at the moment is that there was no way to see ticket prices in advance. I had to get an idea from a reseller site that already had tickets posted. They were about 50% more than face value (fees not included) in the sections I looked at.

Edited by pohatu771

30 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

The vocals were getting a little hard to listen to a couple of years ago. Now?  I mean, the guy's pushing 80.  😬

Agree. The rockers live are good, but the ballads and slow numbers are not easy to listen to. He’s a legend though.

I have had the good fortune to see him 28 times of the years..It is getting tough for him to sing but still a great show.  You can't see anyone else with the massive catalog of hits/well known songs and the band he has had since 2002 are very good.  I may go see him one more time if he comes near but one never knows.

8 minutes ago, kelly campbell said:

I have had the good fortune to see him 28 times of the years..It is getting tough for him to sing but still a great show.  You can't see anyone else with the massive catalog of hits/well known songs and the band he has had since 2002 are very good.  I may go see him one more time if he comes near but one never knows.

28, you must have seen every tour and done multiple night stands. His band is top shelf.

20 minutes ago, kelly campbell said:

No not every tour..I did do multiple dates on some...At one point did 4 shows in 8 days had a lot of fun doing it.

Wow the most I did was a three day stand for the Grateful Dead before I joined the Navy. Paul was great but why did he have to play Temporary Secretary from McCartney II, complete with cheesy green laser lights?

I took my wife on her birthday to see Macca in 2015. This summer 2 days before her birthday we are seeing Ringo. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Wow the most I did was a three day stand for the Grateful Dead before I joined the Navy. Paul was great but why did he have to play Temporary Secretary from McCartney II, complete with cheesy green laser lights?

I took my wife on her birthday to see Macca in 2015. This summer 2 days before her birthday we are seeing Ringo. 

Cool sounds like a good Birthday for her and you.  Have you seen Ringo before?  I have three times may go again this year, I love that you get to hear the other artists with him doing their songs as well.  Fun time.  As far as Temp Sec I have no clue..not one of my favorites  I was able to sim him do some quirky like " Tequila" and "Ram On" in Nashville he always tries  to pay tribute musically to the local music history.  In Dallas it was to Buddy Holly doing  "It's So Easy".

16 minutes ago, kelly campbell said:

Cool sounds like a good Birthday for her and you.  Have you seen Ringo before?  I have three times may go again this year, I love that you get to hear the other artists with him doing their songs as well.  Fun time.  As far as Temp Sec I have no clue..not one of my favorites  I was able to sim him do some quirky like " Tequila" and "Ram On" in Nashville he always tries  to pay tribute musically to the local music history.  In Dallas it was to Buddy Holly doing  "It's So Easy".

No, this will be my first and probably only Ringo show. He came a few years back and I think we were testing in the Wind Tunnel that night and I was on the night shift.

When Paul played Blackbird I cringed a little. His voice was not doing one of my favorite Beatles songs any justice.

1 hour ago, kelly campbell said:

Like I said, I've never seen McCartney(or the Beatles for that matter) but caught Ringo's "all stars" on one of their tours in the '70's.  So long ago I can't recall who all was with him.

Whitefang

Where Wake Forest plays tix up front are $500 and nose bleeds are $130. Where to Oriole play tix up front are $800 and nose bleeds are $200.

Love your music Paul, but you will just have to deal without me going to see you on this tour. He don't care and neither do I. Saw him once and I'm fine with that.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 11:03 AM, Whitefang said:

Like I said, I've never seen McCartney(or the Beatles for that matter) but caught Ringo's "all stars" on one of their tours in the '70's.  So long ago I can't recall who all was with him.

Whitefang

The first All Star Band toured in 1989 so maybe it wasn't quite that long ago.

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody 
Greetings from Israel ! 
Im planning to go to the upcoming concert in June and would love to understand what to expect. Are the concerts standing or sitting? 
Will it be helpful getting there earlier to get to see him closer or it will make no difference?  
More so, The tickets are very expensive and even at the same section the prices are different, are you able to move in the section or you have a sit and stay at your sit ?

thank you all

6 hours ago, YEG said:

Hey everybody 
Greetings from Israel ! 
Im planning to go to the upcoming concert in June and would love to understand what to expect. Are the concerts standing or sitting? 
Will it be helpful getting there earlier to get to see him closer or it will make no difference?  
More so, The tickets are very expensive and even at the same section the prices are different, are you able to move in the section or you have a sit and stay at your sit ?

thank you all

If you have a ticket it should be for a specific seat.