Gibson Brands Forums

For You Guys With Deep Pockets

Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Murph said:

Never bought from Norm, but I bought my 1933 Gibson mandolin from George Gruhn, and then they did a fret level many years later at the new location.

They'll re-fret my J-45 someday.

Gruhn is a great store. I was not allowed in the upper sanctum but the guy on the left was. Man I'm an ugly some be I itch. He talked to me and my buddy for like half an hour, and looked at guitars with us, and told us which ones were way over priced. True gentleman and pro. He told us a week prior he took 5 guitars home and was bringing back the ones he didn't want, and paying for the ones he did want.

ihJRIXn.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

The L5 board is original and Norm stated it was super rare. Believe it or not as I dug into the inside someone in the '60s had painted the whole guitar a periwinkle blue! It probably said "Stop the War!" or "This machine Kills Fascists" He has a beautiful example in his book of this same guitar in a cherry sunburst with a untouchable price tag. I call her "Billie Blue"