Gibson Brands Forums

IS this ES Real 335?

Damian00

Hey Guys, can you help me? I would like to buy GIBSON ES-335 and I found one which I am interesded in. However, I am concerned about it originality. Could you checked this serial Number and photos of sticker, and tell me if I should buy this example? I don’t know why on the sticker is written „ESDP: without „335". And what about serial number on headstock, is it ok? Please help me 😊

There is no certificat.

C9BAF894-6114-48B8-B76A-D5530F7ECC47.jpeg

F0F5C571-C982-49B4-8BBD-AF6C93128D6C.jpeg

1C0BFB69-3A1B-4696-BADF-69002BFE05CE.jpeg

95E7A7F6-F6D3-424A-82D0-9B55A22B166B.jpeg

936D4697-052E-4B21-8AD8-CF35AC8FC5DC.jpeg

95803ABB-9E5E-401A-8034-071D2A7F3F2D.jpeg

FD402AB2-2A17-4FAE-941D-92A5BD43EE87.jpeg

75A0F25E-7F2B-418D-B9F3-ADAF2A92F285.jpeg

serial #s can be duped, but you can check that yourself.   Google is your friend,  look for Guitar Dater which is one such site.  there are others

I don't see any thing to warn me off, with any obvious red flags,  but if you have access to this guitar, look at what is under the truss rod cover, 

if you need an Allen Wrench to adjust relief,  walk away

you could also email customer service, but who knows when you hear back.

Edited by kidblast

22 hours ago, kidblast said:

serial #s can be duped, but you can check that yourself.   Google is your friend,  look for Guitar Dater which is one such site.  there are others

I don't see any thing to warn me off, with any obvious red flags,  but if you have access to this guitar, look at what is under the truss rod cover, 

if you need an Allen Wrench to adjust relief,  walk away

you could also email customer service, but who knows when you hear back.

I googled that serial Number and all I can find is that it is Gibson Guitar from 2008. There is no model and specification there. I wrote to The Gibson Service but still waiting for response.

49 minutes ago, Damian00 said:

I googled that serial Number and all I can find is that it is Gibson Guitar from 2008. There is no model and specification there. I wrote to The Gibson Service but still waiting for response.

Did you look under the TRC? Why is this so hard to do its two screws.

I'm not the expert but it looks genuine from what I can see.  Very nice indeed. [cool]

The Gibson ESDP 335 was a limited production model built at the now-closed Gibson Memphis plant, over the course of several years. The ESDP designation expands to “Electric Spanish Dot Neck Plain Top”, and is otherwise a standard ES-335 dot neck model.

https://www.12fret.com/instruments/gibson-esdp-335-tobacco-sunburst-2011/

https://www.vintageandrare.com/product/Gibson-ES-335-DP-2011-Vintage-Sunburst-55930

Good luck!

Edited by jdgm

14 hours ago, jdgm said:

I'm not the expert but it looks genuine from what I can see.  Very nice indeed. [cool]

The Gibson ESDP 335 was a limited production model built at the now-closed Gibson Memphis plant, over the course of several years. The ESDP designation expands to “Electric Spanish Dot Neck Plain Top”, and is otherwise a standard ES-335 dot neck model.

https://www.12fret.com/instruments/gibson-esdp-335-tobacco-sunburst-2011/

https://www.vintageandrare.com/product/Gibson-ES-335-DP-2011-Vintage-Sunburst-55930

Good luck!

I agree, it looks legit from the photos

20 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Did you look under the TRC? Why is this so hard to do its two screws.

yea, not local.. maybe the seller can do that and help him out?

21 hours ago, Damian00 said:

that is right in regard to year for that serial #.  I don't think it's a counterfeit.  you're probably ok.  if the seller can take a pick of the truss rode cavity.  That should do it as long you can see it's not a allen wrench   5/16 socket style nut is what you want.

Edited by kidblast

• 2 weeks later...