Gibson Brands Forums

Couldn't Resist

duane v

So I was looking to buy a Fender GH solid rosewood tele when I can across this kit and saw the price and the quality of it and after talking to the Luthier I pulled the trigger. I was willing to pay between $4500-$5500 for the actual Fender GH model but after I added up everything the total cost and with all components it came out to $1900 and change. I was able to get the bridge that had the same PAT stampings and neck plate with actual serial number as Georges guitar. And in the process I saved myself $3000

Cant wait to get this little beast put together.

tele3.jpg

tele2.jpg

tele1.jpg

tele4.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

There are 5 small silver dots on the bottom of the back side, is what I think Ghost is referring to.

That's something from the image when you take a screen shop of a previous photo and the white dots are rom the camera

2 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I am serious and don't call me Shirley.  Ok no offense but I don't like it.   They should design their own headstock or license that one from Fender which doesn't seem to be the case.  Anything else is a counterfeit.  

You sound presumptuous.... They have been selling these kits for years and are a reputable business. 

If it bothers you that much feel free to call them about your objections about design and licensing. End of discussion

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Your on a roll head to Vegas now.

The last time I gambled was in Laughlin Nevada at the Flamingo in 1994.... I was with two friends from work and I played this slot machine and dropped about $30 and hit a $25k jackpot. My pals were in astonishment. I paid for all their expenses and gave them $1000 pocket change each. Total fun time when we made it back to Mojave Lake and drank our asses off. 

Each one of my Warmoth necks came with a Warmoth sticker, so I stuck it on. Built this whole beast for about $550. Like you Duane I just kept finding stuff I wanted for cheap. Its a USA Fender body. Rio Grande pups, Warmoth factory second neck what was dirt cheap, about $150. I think Fender wants $400 or so for authentic Fender necks.

o2EYTiR.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1