Gibson Brands Forums

Wow! From Feb.- 15- 2015 to Mar.- 7- 2022 Just over 7 years.

Retired

16 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Lust and sloth being my favourites. Constantly alternate between the two and I aint dead yet. 

BTW they are not found in the bible anywhere. So they're not 'official'.

I must confess, I have my favorites as well. 

In my life's experiences, 
 Pride - Guilty as charged.
Greed - Nope. I am pretty generous, and I give more than I take.
Wrath - Sometimes.  Not often. I love taking vengeance.
Envy - Nah. Never had time for it.
Lust - YES. My greatest and most frequent sin.
Gluttony - Eh. Rarely. I have enjoyed a good meal now and then.
Sloth - No, not at all. I am wired in the DNA to keep moving, constantly. I can rarely relax. Never once in my life been on vacation. 

Definitely not Biblical, but rather originated with a rogue monk given to unconventional avenues toward God, hundreds of years after Christ. 

🤫

On 3/8/2022 at 8:00 PM, fortyearspickn said:

Congratulations!   Not like finding a cure for CoronaVirus, but still an accomplishment.  Funny how half the threads here lately  seem  to wind up with the word “Martin” in them.   Have a beer. 

You know what? I am going to have to try a Martin out some day just to see what it sounds like compared to a Gibson. Maybe a Taylor also? 

23 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Congrats, but sorry, no free guitar.  However in recognition of your achievement all you have to do is go to the nearest Casey’s Store and for only $1.60 you can get a cup of coffee.  Also, they still offer gasoline under $7 per gallon.>…………….Time to starting aiming for 20,000 posts.

Thanks!   Gas has shot up hasn't it?  The wife and I found that Sams, had the lowest price so she filled her car and I filled all the gas cans up. That should last me a long time. I have a 2021 Subaru Ascent that I bought November of 2000. I have 4,000 miles on it today.  Subaru keeps sending me emails to have the oil changed a second time.  I keep telling them, I don't even have close to 5,000 on it yet, Lol. 

4 hours ago, Retired said:

Thanks!   Gas has shot up hasn't it?  The wife and I found that Sams, had the lowest price so she filled her car and I filled all the gas cans up. That should last me a long time. I have a 2021 Subaru Ascent that I bought November of 2000. I have 4,000 miles on it today.  Subaru keeps sending me emails to have the oil changed a second time.  I keep telling them, I don't even have close to 5,000 on it yet, Lol. 

Yes, I'm awaiting delivery of my next car. What timing eh? fuel prices up & everyone else going electric. I'm not even looking forward to it anymore.

I saw a photo of a field in France with thousands of govt purchased electric vehicles they abandoned. The battery replacement was approximately 60% of a new electric vehicle. 

I think I'll take a Surrey With the Fringe on Top before shelling out $80K for what would cost half that if gas powered. Even with the Federal Govt giving a $7500 'rebate' ,  I would not want a vehicle that lost 40% of it's power when the temperature dipped into the 20s. 

Of course a  One Horse Open Sleigh has it's disadvantages too. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I saw a photo of a field in France with thousands of govt purchased electric vehicles they abandoned. The battery replacement was approximately 60% of a new electric vehicle. 

I think I'll take a Surrey With the Fringe on Top before shelling out $80K for what would cost half that if gas powered. Even with the Federal Govt giving a $7500 'rebate' ,  I would not want a vehicle that lost 40% of it's power when the temperature dipped into the 20s. 

Of course a  One Horse Open Sleigh has it's disadvantages too. 

Maybe the best alternative is to become Amish and get some real horsepower.

18 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Yes, I'm awaiting delivery of my next car. What timing eh? fuel prices up & everyone else going electric. I'm not even looking forward to it anymore.

Electric would be nice. As little as I drive the ascent, gas prices aren't a problem. I told Deb. it will last me a lifetime. The assurance on it is very low because they know I hardly drive it. Deb needs one of those electric cars. That's what we drive mostly, her car. 

I'm wondering if, as they ban 'fossil fuel'  and stop making gas powered cars, boats, busses, motor boats (engine boats?)  if the demand for electricity to charge all those batteries every night will cause them to ban electric guitars ?   

(OK, I'm fishing here.   trying to get to 10K before they stop giving away free guitars.) 

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

I'm wondering if, as they ban 'fossil fuel'  and stop making gas powered cars, boats, busses, motor boats (engine boats?)  if the demand for electricity to charge all those batteries every night will cause them to ban electric guitars ?   

(OK, I'm fishing here.   trying to get to 10K before they stop giving away free guitars.) 

40 Years I think you were in The Navy and there was a rate called EN, Engineman, not Motorman. MM was Machinist Mate. As an electrician it was my job to work on motors.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What about for being an a-hole. I’d have an endless supply showing up at my door.

I think sometimes my wife thinks I'm one for my lack of hearing?  If I say huh? What? Or ask her to repeat what she said, I get a dirty look and she yells loudly, sometimes screams repeating it.  So it is better to just pretend I heard her and let it go.  Except, a month or weeks later I get, very loudly: "I TOLD YOU BACK A WEEK AGO OR SO, DON'T YOU REMEMBER?" Haha. Can't win.

Congrats Retired, it’s been great getting to know you here!

I’ve been here since 2007, which weirdly is over half of my overall life. I can think of two other members in my age group and time of joining the forum and that would be guitar god and dem00n. Hope everyone is doing well and extra special thanks to EVOL and everyone who bought my stompboxes and also LPguitarman who sold me an amazing Mutron Phasor II for nothing 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 8:52 AM, fortyearspickn said:

Maybe someone will develop an amp that's powered by similar batteries.  Or perhaps one you can hook up to a Generac type generator that's powered by natural gas and not gasoline.

Or perhaps even a stationary bicycle type thing you can sit on to play while pedaling for power.  [wink]

11 hours ago, Retired said:

I think sometimes my wife thinks I'm one for my lack of hearing?  If I say huh? What? Or ask her to repeat what she said, I get a dirty look and she yells loudly, sometimes screams repeating it.  So it is better to just pretend I heard her and let it go.  Except, a month or weeks later I get, very loudly: "I TOLD YOU BACK A WEEK AGO OR SO, DON'T YOU REMEMBER?" Haha. Can't win.

That seems like my late sister in law and her husband Stan, who is hard of hearing too.  No matter how loud she said something to him he always came back with, "HUH?"  real loud. Drove her crazy.  And he still does that regardless of how loud we talk to him.  Even after his supposedly new "improved" hearing aids.

Whitefang

12 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Maybe someone will develop an amp that's powered by similar batteries.  Or perhaps one you can hook up to a Generac type generator that's powered by natural gas and not gasoline.

Or perhaps even a stationary bicycle type thing you can sit on to play while pedaling for power.  [wink]

That seems like my late sister in law and her husband Stan, who is hard of hearing too.  No matter how loud she said something to him he always came back with, "HUH?"  real loud. Drove her crazy.  And he still does that regardless of how loud we talk to him.  Even after his supposedly new "improved" hearing aids.

Whitefang

They aren't perfect,  at first I refused them because they sounded like someone stuffed a stage microphone in my ear.  She kept playing with them on her computer and me going in and out of the hearing booth. Finally, I was surprised she  got them to sound better. I can also tell my hearing has dropped more. I can turn the volume up which helps so I need to visit her again and adjust them for me. There comes a day when Deb said, "I will eventually have to text messages to you.  That's what my audiologist does when I visit her.  When I watch tv I have it on Caption Hearing.  

• Sad 1

Hearing booth, eh?

I remember when hiring in at Cadillac they gave me a hearing test as part of the physical exam.  That big booth to me resembled the gas chamber  seen in the movie "I Want To Live".  [laugh]

I mentioned that to the person giving the test who said nobody ever told him that,but agreed it did indeed.  Then told me "Guess you better pass this test or else!"  [tongue]

Go to the 1:50 point of this clip.  [wink]  Except for the spin locking hatch type door it did pretty much resemble it.

Whitefang

On 3/13/2022 at 9:21 AM, Whitefang said:

Hearing booth, eh?

I remember when hiring in at Cadillac they gave me a hearing test as part of the physical exam.  That big booth to me resembled the gas chamber  seen in the movie "I Want To Live".  [laugh]

I mentioned that to the person giving the test who said nobody ever told him that,but agreed it did indeed.  Then told me "Guess you better pass this test or else!"  [tongue]

Go to the 1:50 point of this clip.  [wink]  Except for the spin locking hatch type door it did pretty much resemble it.

Whitefang

Never seen that one before.  I was wondering if at the last second, they would call and say; "Stop the execution?"