Gibson Brands Forums

Just when I thought I was going to slow down on the purchases - Elvis SJ200 - Elvis Dove

Dave F

19 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

Saw those and didn't think there was really anything special about them other than they were black and expensive.  Not going to sound much different than a non Elvis SJ-200 or Dove.

Dove is only $200 more than a standard, SJ200 is $300 more than a standard. Not bad for a limited run. If you have a good connection with a 5 Star Dealer you may be looking at the low to mid 3K range, just guessing.

2 hours ago, BoSoxBiker said:

A zero bar mustache bridge seems almost wrong from a bling standpoint.

Funny they're still showing the Frank Hannon Love Doves and those NG J-150's.

Right, if the guitar is no longer available. Take it off and put it in the legacy section.

A couple a years ago when I started downsizing I had three SJ-200's. A standard and two customs, all very nice. The first one to leave was the standard although I liked it better sound wise than the other two because I figured I could always get another standard. Since then I've  moved the two customs. I've been missing the standard so I pre-ordered one of these Elvis SJ-200 Ebony hoping it will at least be equal to the standard I had. It was ordered through Bailey Brothers whom I've been dealing with since way back when one of our member was working there. They've always given me the best deals and the guitars have been great.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dave F said:

A couple a years ago when I started downsizing I had three SJ-200's. A standard and two customs, all very nice. The first one to leave was the standard although I liked it better sound wise than the other two because I figured I could always get another standard. Since then I've  moved the two customs. I've been missing the standard so I pre-ordered one of these Elvis SJ-200 Ebony hoping it will at least be equal to the standard I had. It was ordered through Bailey Brothers whom I've been dealing with since way back when one of our member was working there. They've always given me the best deals and the guitars have been great.

Looking-forward to seeing and hearing it on here, Dave.  I have no doubt that it will be awesome……..BTW, since it’s an Elvis model, I think a nice touch would be for you to hang a pair of panties from the headstock.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MissouriPicker said:

Looking-forward to seeing and hearing it on here, Dave.  I have no doubt that it will be awesome……..BTW, since it’s an Elvis model, I think a nice touch would be for you to hang a pair of panties from the headstock.

At my age they would have to be bloomers.

• Haha 1