Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - LP Raven

EJ41

24 minutes ago, EJ41 said:

It was an accident that you were quoted, and I think 1 other person. Thats why I removed it. And yeah, I know your feelings on this, you've shared them like 3 times, and if you instead took the time to read what I previously wrote, you'd see that I said (more than once) that the guitar was already returned and that I have no intention of buying another.

Case closed -  nothing to see here - move along.

17 hours ago, rct said:

All true, Rabs, all true.  They won't.  Each individual buys how many?  Couple few?  I had a bunch in my life, never had to return one.  Gibson Retailers buy hundreds of them at a time.  Return enough Gibsons to enough retailers and you'll have some pissed off retailers making too many returns/warranty problems.   If the retailers aren't screening the stuff when it comes in well, that'll be on them, and that will lead to even more returns for Gibson.  That's all they'll understand.

rct

I have 6 USA gibsons.  all but one bought new.  I've had nothing but successes

I feel for EJ41,  that's about the worse "BRAND NEW, JUST LIKE USED" thing I've ever seen  what a train wreck..

5 hours ago, EJ41 said:

It was an accident that you were quoted, and I think 1 other person. Thats why I removed it. And yeah, I know your feelings on this, you've shared them like 3 times, and if you instead took the time to read what I previously wrote, you'd see that I said (more than once) that the guitar was already returned and that I have no intention of buying another.

And if you took the time to read what I previously wrote like 3 times you'd see what I didn't say.

rct

• 2 months later...

March 19th I bought a LP Raven from Guitar Center as a return for about $250 less than new and was happily awaiting it's arrival. Until I saw this post. I went to the webpage and sure enough, the pictures on GC looked a lot like your pictures. But I decided I would wait and give it a chance. Once I got it, sure enough the finish was as you described. It was like a very light coat of black over a natural finish and the brown was showing through. Anyway I figured I could work with it and decided I was going to polish it and bring out a little gloss. MISTAKE. I burned through the very thin finish and was stuck with a turd.  It looked horrible.  I threw it in the case and put it in the closet. I couldn't play it.  I decided to look for a painter and found a guy local who did a great job. It isn't black, but I think it fits the Raven name, along with the Edgar Allen Poe truss rod cover. I also changed the PCB for Bourns pots and added SD Slash pickups which made a big improvement on the sound. It ended up being more than I would have spent, but I like it and will keep it. 

Before and after pics

274626850_3139426946332431_8268165127085933594_n.jpg

IMG_93711.jpeg

• Like 1

I ordered one of the SG Ravens last Thanksgiving when GC had a sale.  My guitar is perfect and one of my favorites.  I own two tributes: a 2019 LP and now the 2021 SG and both are flawless, I'm just lucky I guess.

But I've had trouble with GC.  I phone ordered the Raven and waited for the "shipped" email but a couple days after I ordered got an email that said the guitar was returned and instructions on how to ship it back!  WTF?  So I called and the guy said that my guitar was sent to the wrong address and they caught it and stopped the sale.  I told him to ship me a new one and he couldn't do that until the other was returned plus up to 15 days to process the return??  I was afraid they'd run out so I gave my CC number again, reordered and received a perfect one a few days later.

I called them at least once a week for my refund and after a month they said I could get it...but it was turned into a store credit and I had to go into the local store to get it, WTF again?  I went in and got the refund put on my CC but I shouldn't have had to go in for that.

I'm getting tired of the BS MF and GC keep pulling on me.  I get the veteran's discount or I would not buy from them again.

17 hours ago, Randy99CL said:

I'm getting tired of the BS MF and GC keep pulling on me.  I get the veteran's discount or I would not buy from them again.

Wait...Veteran's Discount??? I have spent thousands at MF and GC and NEVER heard of that!! WTF?

37 minutes ago, EFSGMM said:

Wait...Veteran's Discount??? I have spent thousands at MF and GC and NEVER heard of that!! WTF?

I guess you have to ask for it, the first time in the store I asked and now my account is flagged so it's automatic.

I carry my VA ID card and my driver's license has the Veteran label.  I showed them and didn't need anything else.

It's 10% off everything...but not sale prices or used gear.  One phone rep told me the minimum purchase had to be $200 but I've gotten it on $10 items so he was FOS.

Good at both MF and GC, so at MF I get 10% off and their 8% reward points.  Usually their sale prices are better than the Vet discount but some things never go on sale (like Fender amps) so 10% off is better than no discount.

I'm tired of the BS they keep trying to pull so would shop elsewhere but I've called around and no other company gives any discount.

Edited by Randy99CL