Gibson Brands Forums

Scratching another off the bucket list (warning: California content)

ksdaddy

2 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

I was up at 5 this morning. While the dogs were out peeing, I sat down in a spare bedroom with the Tele and noodled unplugged. It occurred to me that I spend just as much time tuning a Fender as I do playing one.

Yet here I am. Here many of us are.

After coffee and shower I walked into the bedroom, reached to an upper shelf in the closet and grabbed my plywood 1988 Seresta classical, which I bought in 2005 for $10. The strings have been on it since 2014. I haven't played it in at least a month.

It was in perfect tune. As I expected it to be.

smh...

I have American Strats, Tele’s, Jags & Jazzmasters.. I don’t have any tuning issues that I don’t have on my Gibsons, Rics or Gretsch’s? Takes about a minute to tune.. They’re always pretty close to Pitch already.. Some are hanging on the Wall, on a Stand or in their Case….. Doesn’t seem to make much difference….

I have a Ramirez Classical I keep on a Stand in my Bedroom… I love that old Guitar & play it almost every day.. But, it can’t do what all the above Guitars can & vice versa……

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

All true, but I played a fingerstyle version of Perfidia on the classical this morning and it sounded tee eye tee.

Great song & I’ll bet it sounds great on a Classical Guitar..

Or this….. Fast forward to 1:21…..

Edited by Larsongs