Gibson Brands Forums

Headstock lines, faded made in usa imprint

Rusty Mcdangles

Anyone ever see lines around serial numbers and the made in usa faded? Mine is a 2016 standard t in trans black. I’m curious if it’s the wings that were put on and now the lines are visible? I don’t want to think it was painted as I can’t see any repairs to the neck and it looks very clean. Any insight is much appreciated.

0600D5CD-899E-40CF-995F-E23D3EE56BF6.jpeg

EF0010E4-9D94-400E-878D-A6F66E46AAE3.jpeg

CBA01FFF-D4C0-4137-AE7D-69A6A8B45E91.jpeg

2300484D-090A-4222-886C-00161055C1FA.jpeg

33CA6A0B-4276-426E-BF5B-151F74537BB8.jpeg

870831E6-0E1B-46F9-BDA0-08E1C33D4DAF.jpeg

yep  I have a few that are close to this example.  On mine you can read the #s and all but they are not all that well defined.

Maybe be I'm off base.. but I think the more opaque the finish, the more this situation is prevalent.  

Edited by kidblast

14 minutes ago, kidblast said:

yep  I have a few that are close to this example.  On mine you can read the #s and all but they are not all that well defined.

Maybe be I'm off base.. but I think the more opaque the finish, the more this situation is prevalent.  

Ya the serial is obvious, and the made in usa is pretty faded, can only be seen in certain light, wonder if the paint sunk in? And the 2016 year is visible and can feel it. I just bought it so I’m nervous it had a break and was repainted, but I can’t see anything that would indicate that. That’s why I was curious about the lines and impressions, I’ if anyone else had seen something like this before.

11 hours ago, Rusty Mcdangles said:

Ya the serial is obvious, and the made in usa is pretty faded, can only be seen in certain light, wonder if the paint sunk in? And the 2016 year is visible and can feel it. I just bought it so I’m nervous it had a break and was repainted, but I can’t see anything that would indicate that. That’s why I was curious about the lines and impressions, I’ if anyone else had seen something like this before.

Yea for sure, I understand the concern, and that's valid, but I think you can put that worry to rest.  

• 3 months later...