Gibson Brands Forums

One Of Those Weeks

Fred_Engr

Every Have one of those weeks you would like to forget?

Here is mine

Wednesday driving to work and car quit dead kaput - crank sensor gone and new timing belt - $640.

Friday got car back from garage.

Had recorded "Dang Me" and asked my better half what she though, she said very good and is that my buddy singing, I said "no it's me" Ego dropped about 1000 feet.

Taking repaired car to go to mother in laws for weekend, but now making a clanking noise around A/C compressor, took car back to garage to bypass a/c compressor because bearing gone and it chewed up the power steering belt, will not be ready until Monday.

While taking car back to garage and on to Mother in laws our second car will not accelerate because I believe the catalytic converter is plugged. Spent Saturday trying to get repaired to no avail.

Missed Sunday guitar playing at local hall because second car will not accelerate because of cat converter.

NEVER TOOK GIBSON OUT OF CASE BECAUSE GOD ONLY KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN!

Fred

Shimmer

Car #1 is a Hyundai Sonata

Car #2 is a Ford Focus

Both cars have been pretty good with lack of major repairs, must be something in the air.

Really only notable event was me hitting a deer late last year at low speed, deer fell over, got up looked at me and ran off - no damage to car, wife hit a porcupine and pheasant with damaged the front plastic piece below the bumper.

Fred

Ok .. bad week BUT you can change it. Make a list of what's wrong with the cars and also of scheduled maintenance that has not been done -- fix what's wrong and do the important scheduled maintenance (to head of anything new surprises). Then make a mental note of what needs to be done in 10,000 miles, 15,000 etc. ... think: how old are the batteries, tires, converters .. replace them a little early (no loss there) The wife: tune it out dude -- she's going "I said" and "she said' -- you just go "uh huh" and tune it out. If she says "what do you think?" just say "go on, I'm listening" but tune it out. Now (also) you know don't ask your wife about music (women are all self-focused -- my hair, my nails, my stuff, my kids, my car, my needs) They don't know about guitars or music. If she asks how much say $100 (no matter what -- that is what she spends on hair). OK - taking the guitar out of case -- have a stand set up and an area clear ..do it the same way every time .. case to stand stand to case. Nothing that can fall on it (music stand, stuff on shelf). Nobody jumping up or moving around the guitar. (a quiet place) Always put it back in the case and if necessary lock it. Now YOU are out ahead of stuff and heading off surprises.

Archived