Gibson Brands Forums

First there was an NGO, and then #NGD - Les Paul Standard 50s

OrdinaryNimda

Ordered this Gibson Standard 50s Tobacco Burst from the German mega-retailer THOMANN. The guitar was made in january 2022. After careful visual inspection, there were no visual or structural faults to be seen. The weight comes in at 4.2 kg (9lbs and 5 oz), which looks like somewhere in the middle of the range. Handling is smooth and effortless, the "chunky" neck is not thick at all (and I don't have lumberjack-hands). Action is as low as could be imagined, with no fret buzz or rattle. They obviously do a thorough setup in the factory. The sound is incredible on the clean - huge, wide & uncompromising. I have always been a Strat guy, this guitar is different in every way, both great, but with totally different personalities. Attractive and wantsa be played immediately & for ever and ever. Big applause for GIBSON! 😎

Still waiting for the ES-335 Satin Cherry, ordered back in May 2020. There's prolly tons of proverbs about the supreme virtue of Patience, however I've forgotten them all through the aeons, LOL.

LesPaul_20220323_solo.jpg

• Like 1

Great looker! Congrats.

And thank you for sharing that. Its great to hear such positivity about guitars, especially Gibsons. Its also reassuring to know that a guitar set up in Tennessee stayed set up after shipping to Slovenia via Germany.

I hope the 335 is similarly special and worth the wait.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Great looker! Congrats.

And thank you for sharing that. Its great to hear such positivity about guitars, especially Gibsons. Its also reassuring to know that a guitar set up in Tennessee stayed set up after shipping to Slovenia via Germany.

I hope the 335 is similarly special and worth the wait.

This might be interesting. Two yrs ago I got a cheap Gibson DC Tribute from an English retailer, picked it up from the case, tuned and played. But a new USA Strat had slight 3rd string buzz on fret #7, etc, was taken to a luthier for set-up, and now it's 100% perfect... I assume, that the climate in Nashville is similar to a large part of Europe & UK, but the climate in SoCal is very dry, so guitars are set-up differently. Will watch this carefully on future acquisition rampages.