Gibson Brands Forums

3XL Les Paul

SteveFord

Either this is a really big Les Paul or that's an awfully tiny guy.

Maybe I should order one to find out which is which.  I hope it doesn't come with one of those super heavy Costa Rican cases, I'll have to put wheels on it and drag it behind me, I won't be able to pick it up.

gvmGXtT.jpg

Edited by SteveFord
  • Haha 1

Silverbursts are cool looking, but the whole AJ thing sort of killed it for me.  His signature LP CUSTOM (not Standard) went for CRAZY money...  Either way, I agree with @kidblast - creepy stuff there.  Are these Standards going to be more expensive than Slash's Standards?  Didn't check price before submitting this thread reply - and not going to haha! 

I scoured the interwebs, and concluded that Adam Jones is 6', 1" tall. 

I can also say that the Adam Jones Les Paul Standard is the same size as any other Les Paul. 
(As opposed to something like the unusually-large Buckethead signature Les Paul.)

So. 
It seems like the photo there is a matter of the camera angle, camera lens, or some clumsy photoshopping job.

😐

4 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I scoured the interwebs, and concluded that Adam Jones is 6', 1" tall. 

I can also say that the Adam Jones Les Paul Standard is the same size as any other Les Paul. 
(As opposed to something like the unusually-large Buckethead signature Les Paul.)

So. 
It seems like the photo there is a matter of the camera angle, camera lens, or some clumsy photoshopping job.

😐

Buckethead plays a baritone guitar I believe. 

His illusion must include being double jointed. His right arm is close to his body going all the way down then all of a sudden these large old ‘the thing’ looking hands are holding the guitar ten feet in front of his body.  Neat trick. 

It must be a slow news day, I can't believe I'm doing this. 

I had my bride take a photo of me holding my Les Paul, in roughly the same position, angle and distance from body as the artist in that photo. 

He's 6' 1".
I'm just 5'  9 1/2"

I can't be sure, but that factory image is photoshopped in some crazy fashion for maximum guitar presentation. 

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now. 
😑

W7QEvFy.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/3/2022 at 10:34 PM, mihcmac said:

Also, note that it could be the type of lens the photographer used effecting the depth of field.

I know what you mean but that would affect focus, not the apparent distance from hands to body. 

But even with a wide lens, it wouldn't make his right wrist look dislocated.

On 4/5/2022 at 2:07 AM, merciful-evans said:

I know what you mean but that would affect focus, not the apparent distance from hands to body. 

But even with a wide lens, it wouldn't make his right wrist look dislocated.

I think you may be surprised what a professional 4x5 portrait camera can do with a good lens.

13 hours ago, mihcmac said:

I think you may be surprised what a professional 4x5 portrait camera can do with a good lens.

I have one of those. I know how to apply the movements too. 

th?id=OIP.o4KjdUU_1JHv1huPez4-_AHaD4%26p

If that photo was taken with one of those, I'd gladly show my a$$ on the townhall steps.