Gibson Brands Forums

Second Speaker.

elessar820

I'm selling some stuff on eBay and was thinking about adding an extension cabinet for my Blackheart. I'm thinking it'd be overkill since I mainly play at home, but besides the fact it'd look cool, which was honestly the first thought that popped into my head, would there be any other advantages? Or should I look into some different gear like pedals (reverb, chorus and delay) or something else?

So it'll improve my tone over all, sounds good to me. If I'm going to sound like I'm playing a much larger amp, that definitely makes it sound like it would be a great addition to my rig. The Handsome Devil is pumping out some pretty good tone to begin with, so if it's really going to make it huge, I think I'm going to go for it, but it won't be overkill for home use, would it? I haven't seen a 15 watt 2x12 anywhere to try out for myself, so I'm pretty much in the dark on that one. Retro, do you use the Egnater at home?

Weird my post was clipped short. to finish it I said richer fuller tone at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I do get more air movement and volume though but to be honest I did it because I think it looked cool. And yeah I use the rebel at home I like the over all tone and ability to change the output and tubes. it's actually the big amp at home now My SLO100 stays in the case unless I'm out somewhere that's big or requires all that power.

568795.jpg

Sounds good to me. I think I'm going to go for it. The only thing that the Blues Jr that I had that Blackheart doesn't is reverb. The only other additions I'd like to add to my set up are delay and reverb pedals, I may get the reverb of I find some more stuff to sell. I do agree with you, the Egnater does look a lot better. The Blackheart won't have as cool a look since I have the combo, but it still should look (and sound) pretty badass.

Archived