Gibson Brands Forums

Transformation Of My 1990 Gibson Les Paul Standard.

watchunglava

I have had this rig since i was spiky on top. here she sits stock a 1990 les paul standard from mannys music ( next door to electric ladyland studios in New York City USA)

i allways hated the look of the greenish cream gibson deluxe tuners . she was tired and needed a new look . i also upgraded the electronics . 500k cts pots ,authentic vitamin q caps , .022 bridge .015 neck. used high quality silver solder and re did all the connections . and wax potted the pickups with a mix of paraffin and bees wax. i should mention that the pickups are 490r and first year 498t with an ohm reading of like 16 wow thats hot yea . i had my tech give her a new nut as well as a full fret level job and full set up . she had like 20 years of grime built up in the fretboard , as well as the metal dust from the fret level and took me two days to get the board fresh . using micro fiber rags and fret dr. oil .

here is how she sat stock

IMG00289.jpg

And the transformation thats all hand done engraving. i have to still go back to the engraver to have the toggle switch plate and the name tag done . i also forgot to mention i put in grover tuners as well.

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00337.jpg fresh fret level and cleaning.

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

I have had this rig since i was spiky on top. here she sits stock a 1990 les paul standard from mannys music ( next door to electric ladyland studios in New York City USA)

i allways hated the look of the greenish cream gibson deluxe tuners . she was tired and needed a new look . i also upgraded the electronics . 500k cts pots ' date='authentic vitamin q caps , .022 bridge .015 neck. used high quality silver solder and re did all the connections . and wax potted the pickups with a mix of paraffin and bees wax. i should mention that the pickups are 490r and first year 498t with an ohm reading of like 16 wow thats hot yea . i had my tech give her a new nut as well as a full fret level job and full set up . she had like 20 years of grime built up in the fretboard , as well as the metal dust from the fret level and took me two days to get the board fresh . using micro fiber rags and fret dr. oil .

here is how she sat stock

[img']http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/watchunglava/IMG00289.jpg[/img]

Who will see the engraving on the back covers? =D> Sorry just had to say that. Its good work though. Personally i would lose the pickguard (not a pickguard fan at all). Otherwise REALLY hot lookin =D>

Archived