Gibson Brands Forums

Transformation Of My 1990 Gibson Les Paul Standard.

watchunglava

I have had this rig since i was spiky on top. here she sits stock a 1990 les paul standard from mannys music ( next door to electric ladyland studios in New York City USA)

i allways hated the look of the greenish cream gibson deluxe tuners . she was tired and needed a new look . i also upgraded the electronics . 500k cts pots ,authentic vitamin q caps , .022 bridge .015 neck. used high quality silver solder and re did all the connections . and wax potted the pickups with a mix of paraffin and bees wax. i should mention that the pickups are 490r and first year 498t with an ohm reading of like 16 wow thats hot yea . i had my tech give her a new nut as well as a full fret level job and full set up . she had like 20 years of grime built up in the fretboard , as well as the metal dust from the fret level and took me two days to get the board fresh . using micro fiber rags and fret dr. oil .

here is how she sat stock

IMG00289.jpg

And the transformation thats all hand done engraving. i have to still go back to the engraver to have the toggle switch plate and the name tag done . i also forgot to mention i put in grover tuners as well.

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00337.jpg fresh fret level and cleaning.

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

wow thanks for the really positive responses. wow Zemaitis meets Neil Young's Les Paul , thanks .

i used to live in ny but im now up in new england . i still come down alot though.

i will post more pics when the final engraving touches are done .

I have had this rig since i was spiky on top. here she sits stock a 1990 les paul standard from mannys music ( next door to electric ladyland studios in New York City USA)

i allways hated the look of the greenish cream gibson deluxe tuners . she was tired and needed a new look . i also upgraded the electronics . 500k cts pots ' date='authentic vitamin q caps , .022 bridge .015 neck. used high quality silver solder and re did all the connections . and wax potted the pickups with a mix of paraffin and bees wax. i should mention that the pickups are 490r and first year 498t with an ohm reading of like 16 wow thats hot yea . i had my tech give her a new nut as well as a full fret level job and full set up . she had like 20 years of grime built up in the fretboard , as well as the metal dust from the fret level and took me two days to get the board fresh . using micro fiber rags and fret dr. oil .

here is how she sat stock

[img']http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/watchunglava/IMG00289.jpg[/img]

Who will see the engraving on the back covers? =D> Sorry just had to say that. Its good work though. Personally i would lose the pickguard (not a pickguard fan at all). Otherwise REALLY hot lookin =D>

Archived